RATES

Fred the shred

20 minutes ago, StCatherine said:

That’s allegedly a lot less the village clerk in metropolis of Port Erin. 

They had to create a new line in their annual accounts for him this year. 

Tim Cowin was appointed in January 2022 and as such is remunerated under the "new" 2015 PSC payscales which reduced remuneration and terms for new appointments in the PS.

As such he will be earning at least 30% less than his predecessor and will also be receiving less than some of those working under him who were appointed under the previous Whitley Council/NGO terms.

31 minutes ago, finlo said:

Thanks for finding that as I got told I was talking absolute bollocks for suggesting the previous post holder was on the thick end of £100k.

I remember that too, there are some on these boards who are/were very keen to downplay these figures for some reason.

In fact, if you add on the additional responsibilities that attract additional remuneration it's even more.

14 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Bets are on, I'll start at 11.5%

91191458-3029a1897dea43a89f944cdbc50105b

That creature needs chaining to an external wall of his edifice and leaving there until it falls down so that Braddan ratepayers can all see who was responsible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

@Amadeus

I’m starting to feel that I can’t afford to continue living in Douglas, particularly if this approach continues year upon year.

What happens to DCC rate revenue if there’s an exodus of domestic rate payers?

Good question, but an unlikely scenario as rates go up everywhere every year. This year we were the highest (so far) and some of that was down to single status pay coming in. Last year we weren't. Wasn't Ramsey way higher than us and the place hasn't exactly seen an exodus, although it's hard to tell at times.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fred the shred said:

They are being very shy announcing it which makes me feel it is not going to be popular.

Did they eventually get a Govt bail-out for the expense of the new facility?