Select Committee of Tynwald Report on Poverty in the Isle of Man

Moghrey Mie

Snark all you like, but those first 12 months on the back bench convinced me that getting stuck in was preferable to being a shouty gobshite for the amusement of people who enjoy the faked combat in reality TV shows. I take the job seriously whereas you seem to prefer pointless vote-winning bluster.

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Snark all you like, but those first 12 months on the back bench convinced me that getting stuck in was preferable to being a shouty gobshite for the amusement of people who enjoy the faked combat in reality TV shows. I take the job seriously whereas you seem to prefer pointless vote-winning bluster.

So if you hadn't been convinced over those 12 months,you'd  have carried on being a shouty gobshite? As for any pointless vote winning bluster,I believe there's video footage of such activity.

Not so sure people prefer pointless vote winning bluster,they just have an aversion to people who don't put their money where their mouth is,but as is often the case,it's difficult to speak with a mouth full

3 hours ago, display name said:

So if you hadn't been convinced over those 12 months,you'd  have carried on being a shouty gobshite? As for any pointless vote winning bluster,I believe there's video footage of such activity.

Not so sure people prefer pointless vote winning bluster,they just have an aversion to people who don't put their money where their mouth is,but as is often the case,it's difficult to speak with a mouth full

I’ll put you down as a ‘maybe’ then…

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, forestboy said:

He’s totally deluded. 

1000 houses built by the private sector, is he claiming the ones that had planning permission before he became CM?

9 public sector houses built in 10 years, that's the real barometer things should be measured by.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/government-not-meeting-its-housing-targets-says-committee-chair/

One day, someone clever will point out that people spending 70% of the salary on rent and bills every month is money that could be spent locally by the tenants.

6 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

1,000 homes 'built' by the private sector between September 2021 and September 2026?

What exactly does that mean?

The people mentioned in the Poverty Report probably need social housing.

It's quite complex. It's a new branch of mathematics whereby the number of real and imaginary houses is directly proportional to the alfgrand value. 

The alfgrand value is derived from the amount of taxpayers money given to developers as a function of their likelihood them doing anything.

Edited by english zloty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, english zloty said:

It's quite complex. It's a new branch of mathematics whereby the number of real and imaginary houses is directly proportional to the alfgrand value. 

The alfgrand value is derived from the amount of taxpayers money given to developers as a function of their likelihood them doing anything.

Is the alfgrand value itself a derivative of the multiplier effect, created by Eddie Teare?

Who also redefined the meaning of a "balanced budget" and taxpayers as the source of public money?

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

Homes but not houses. That includes apartments.