The Wright Report

Holte End

Not terrible for the AGs, although obviously some failings.

Would be interesting to see what offers were made during the process and with what seriousness they were pursued (Wright review did not have access to this), it's hard to imagine the affair could not have been settled at an early stage (before the protected disclosure argument was tested) for a fraction of the end settlement, avoiding all the embarrassment for the government on the way 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Not terrible for the AGs, although obviously some failings.

Would be interesting to see what offers were made during the process and with what seriousness they were pursued (Wright review did not have access to this), it's hard to imagine the affair could not have been settled at an early stage (before the protected disclosure argument was tested) for a fraction of the end settlement, avoiding all the embarrassment for the government on the way 

Not sure I agree.  The AG's office failed to risk assess the litigation, failed to give proper guidance on disclosure and failed to  recognise conflicts of interest. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Failed to do their job!

Clearly proof that they need to take on even more people.... 🙄

• Haha 1

It's not a bad report is it? It castigates the AGs office, questions the DHSC motives, doubts Magsons input and points out the reputational damage to the Island.

Not a 'whitewash' but an appraisal of the facts available!!! 😉

1 hour ago, Johnny F said:

Magson gets a well deserved beating in this report, someone should send it to her current employer.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, along with many other islanders, I think it’s time to forget about Magson, even she has made a mess which will take years to clear up. We need to move on. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Clearly proof that they need to take on even more people.... 🙄

Pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the main players from the AG left his role very recently.  Did they get a copy before it was published?

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the main players from the AG left his role very recently.  Did they get a copy before it was published?

No.

• Haha 2