The Wright Report

Holte End

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But it is bad behaviour, just as two blokes punching a disagreement out in the back lane, no one is disputing that.  The issue is that it is sometimes dismissed as either women getting what they deserve from their own, or is somehow trivial as 'spat' or just wimmin being bitchy.   

There is little difference in the impact on the recipient whether it is a black eye or an undermining.  But, do not fool yourself, men are just as capable of gaslighting, undermining and character assassination.

I offer a shredded letter as evidence. 

And that this conduct was also being funded by the taxpayer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But it is bad behaviour, just as two blokes punching a disagreement out in the back lane, no one is disputing that.  The issue is that it is sometimes dismissed as either women getting what they deserve from their own, or is somehow trivial as 'spat' or just wimmin being bitchy.   

There is little difference in the impact on the recipient whether it is a black eye or an undermining.  But, do not fool yourself, men are just as capable of gaslighting, undermining and character assassination.

I offer a shredded letter as evidence. 

Yes Gladys I’m in complete agreement with your first two paragraphs.

But as for your third I don’t think that counts as evidence. If the writer of the letter requested anonymity what better way of protecting that anonymity by shredding said letter?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Amended third paragraph

32 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Says you. I'll bet it was you who put my ketchup back in the wrong cupboard again and don't try and blame it on the Chinese au pair with the black eye,she's on holiday. We'll be having words young lady 😉

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But as for your third I don’t think that counts as evidence. If the writer of the letter requested anonymity what better way of protecting that anonymity by shredding said letter?

Without being pedantic, there is a difference between an anonymous letter and one where the writer has asked that their identity be confidential.  In the first, you don't know who wrote it, so shouldn't really put much store in it.  In the second, you may take a different tack, particularly if you use it so you can validate the claims.

Talking hypothetically, of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Without being pedantic, there is a difference between an anonymous letter and one where the writer has asked that their identity be confidential.  In the first, you don't know who wrote it, so shouldn't really put much store in it.  In the second, you may take a different tack, particularly if you use it so you can validate the claims.

Talking hypothetically, of course. 

Well it was my understanding that the first doesn’t apply, the letter writer gave their name but asked not to be identified. It was made clear that this was their wish.

So yes there is a case of this was all made up because it can’t be proven as  the letter writer asked for anonymity .

You can choose to believe the MHK who allegedly received said letter or not, or that he made the whole thing up. 

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I choose to believe the MHK, which apparently places me between his buttocks in the lovely land of MF.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it was my understanding that the first doesn’t apply, the letter writer gave their name but asked not to be identified. It was made clear that this was their wish.

So yes there is a case of this was all made up because it can’t be proven as  the letter writer asked for anonymity .

You can choose to believe the MHK who allegedly received said letter or not, or that he made the whole thing up. 

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I choose to believe the MHK, which apparently places me between his buttocks 

Up to the nuts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I choose to believe the MHK, which apparently places me between his buttocks in the lovely land of MF.

If you cast your mind back, he told many lies during Covid.  Dr Glover wasn't employed by the department, her code was not copied, he's searched his mailbox and has found only one email relating to Dr Ranson.

Id rather not trust someone who not only lies, but who was said to be an unreliable witness during the enquiry.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/minister-and-chief-executive-failed-to-disclose-all-documents-ranson-tribunal-told-561607

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Apparently Mr Wright practices under another name too ............  🤣

He also played a great synth part in 'Great Gig In The Sky'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:32 AM, asitis said:

In reference to the conclusion above, what on earth does " In Good Faith" mean in this context ?

Does it mean they were quite correct in their actions and behaviours, and had a position to defend worth defending, given the implications for the taxpayer ? or some other vague meaning given the context and outcome ?

I can believe my own hubris and righteousness,  despite perhaps awful behaviour, and still act seemingly "In good faith", in respect of my position.

Seems a very vague  and subjective term for a KC to describe a raft of behaviours of an organisation !

I put this on the other thread earlier.

Thinking about the title of this topic, I was struck by the principal tests of the CPS in England (which I have modified slightly to fit the Ranson case) -

1 Is there enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect of winning the case?

2 Is it in the public interest to go ahead?

In using the phrase 'good faith', is Wright simply addressing the first test and saying that the government thought that there was enough evidence, and so that was OK?  He talks about reputational damage, but doesn't really address any public interest points as such.

Even with good faith wrapping the situation, the AG's Chambers (particularly the in-house lawyer Ms Heeley), Magson and the planning and conduct of the case are hammered.

Another point, which MF members have already mentioned, is the appearance again of Jonny Michael.  Ranson contacted him personally, so must either have known him and/or assumed that he had the power to intervene.  Was she another of his nepotistic placements in our health system like Magson?  Are there others?

PS - it might be easier if the mods locked the shorter thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

How absolutely ironic It is, that it is your 3rd paragraph that shows just how much you are such a Government schill, or, how absolutely naïve you are as to the length these sort of people will go to, to protect their so called 'integrity'.

They simply don't have any, or basic honesty for that matter!

Edited by Sentience
Clarification.