Crooked Car Dealer Jailed

Max Power

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/crooked-car-dealer-jailed-for-series-of-outrageous-scams-on-isle-of-man-drivers-663939

Absolute bollocks, this guy was from a good and wealthy family and he's ripped off just about everyone he's ever met or sold a car to for over 25 years. The scale of his crimes are well beyond what he's been locked up for. He's conned his close friends and family, including several well known local residents at the time. The worst part is that the cnut got away with several import scams because of the implication of some high profile locals, who would have been liable for the VAT on cars that he had sold them without paying it! I have several friends who he has ripped off big time, I was sure he'd been murdered when he disappeared! 

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/crooked-car-dealer-jailed-for-series-of-outrageous-scams-on-isle-of-man-drivers-663939

Absolute bollocks, this guy was from a good and wealthy family and he's ripped off just about everyone he's ever met or sold a car to for over 25 years. The scale of his crimes are well beyond what he's been locked up for. He's conned his close friends and family, including several well known local residents at the time. The worst part is that the cnut got away with several import scams because of the implication of some high profile locals, who would have been liable for the VAT on cars that he had sold them without paying it! I have several friends who he has ripped off big time, I was sure he'd been murdered when he disappeared! 

Seems like there is double standards being applied here  Cooper was well connected to the good and the great , so as far as plod is concerned move along nothing to see here , its a pity we have no decent investigative journalists  here  look whats being flushed out with another pair of high net worths ! a new saga each day 

22 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I’m sure this has been thoroughly discussed on here under a previous thread.

18 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Seems like there is double standards being applied here  Cooper was well connected to the good and the great , so as far as plod is concerned move along nothing to see here , its a pity we have no decent investigative journalists  here  look whats being flushed out with another pair of high net worths ! a new saga each day 

couldn't have been that well connected, he has just been banged up for 10 years 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I heard he had it all one way or another.    Such a shame she was a lovely lady and ended up with nothing.

Mildred had a big heart and spent a lot of time with the charities that used their home, Woodlands. She's missed.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Do you want to re phrase that Thommo?

It reads like if he was well connected he would have got away with it....

🙂

Isn't that what the accusation was that he is well connected? If he was well connected then surely he wouldn't even have been arrested