what qualification did Mr Yang have to be living here

Omobono

26 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

I have to agree. The perceived number of (obvious) immigrants since the end of the CV fiasco has risen beyond belief as an hour in Tesco or just 10 minutes loitering (without intent) on Strand Street will reveal to any bystander.  The question I repeatedly ask myself is 'what or who (in terms of employment) brought you here and how are you supporting you and your family?'.

The point you seem to be missing is that immigrants have been in the majority on the island for as long as I can remember. Most people who live here are not born here and it's been that way for decades.

So why, all of a sudden, when you've noticed a few people with a different mother tongue, do you start concerning yourself with why immigrants come here and how they support themselves and their families?

I'd suggest that it's you that has a perverse view of the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Just for clarity gammon.

The truth is we are an island of immigrants, tens of thousands of them, to single out one because he's Chinese is pure racism.

Refer to my original post… you and your ilk are the reason the UK is in the shit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The point you seem to be missing is that immigrants have been in the majority on the island for as long as I can remember. Most people who live here are not born here and it's been that way for decades.

So why, all of a sudden, when you've noticed a few people with a different mother tongue, do you start concerning yourself with why immigrants come here and how they support themselves and their families?

Remove the last three words from your moniker. It’ll be very accurate 

• Like 2

Wrong.

The 'immigrants', by which you undoubtedly mean those from the 'mainland' especially since the 80s, have not stood out like proverbial sore thumbs either by appearance or language and have been legally entitled to come here.

The recent perceptible influx of newcomers, given the huge levels of legal and illegal incursions into the UK over the past 10 years and especially past 3 years , gives rise to legitimate questions as to the bona fides of their presence here irrespective of skin colour.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

For clarity, nobody I know have a problem with people who come to the UK/IOM as long as they contribute and are not wrong’uns. Where they fail in this then ship them back from where they came.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

There's apparently a whole school in St. Johns where none of the children are taught in English!! 

The Nigel Farage's of our island will be outraged.

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Refer to my original post… you and your ilk are the reason the UK is in the shit 

You do realise that the UK itself was the goal of immigrants for thousands of years, Vikings, Saxons etc. You talk bullshit

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

I have to agree. The perceived number of (obvious) immigrants since the end of the CV fiasco has risen beyond belief as an hour in Tesco or just 10 minutes loitering (without intent) on Strand Street will reveal to any bystander. 

I don't understand.  Are you claiming that Covid is making people speak foreign languages or do you think the vaccine made them start speaking that way?

Or is it more likely that the UK's change in status with its departure from the EU had some effect?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Wrong.

The 'immigrants', by which you undoubtedly mean those from the 'mainland' especially since the 80s, have not stood out like proverbial sore thumbs either by appearance or language and have been legally entitled to come here.

The recent perceptible influx of newcomers, given the huge levels of legal and illegal incursions into the UK over the past 10 years and especially past 3 years , gives rise to legitimate questions as to the bona fides of their presence here irrespective of skin colour.

Wow, just wow! I don't think I've ever read such a load of bigoted assumption in my life.

So white British immigrant good, Johnny foreigner bad in your world. But you're not a racist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1