Fire crews delayed attending structure fire where dog was missing ....

HelmutX

1 hour ago, HelmutX said:

"Parked cars meant response time was impacted".... all cars that impede emergency vehicles need to be impounded and destroyed and owners not allowed another car for 5 years!

Perhaps a bit harsh but it's a valid point. Parking here is terrible and in many cases downright dangerous. I would have thought that 24hr parking control would pay for itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Perhaps a bit harsh but it's a valid point. Parking here is terrible and in many cases downright dangerous. I would have thought that 24hr parking control would pay for itself. 

parking isn't exactly the problem  , too many cars for the available legitimate/legal parking available is the problem , which does make you wonder why all the prom/quay developments have been allowed to reduce the available parking.

• Like 3

Both the IOM Newspapers story and the equivalent Manx Radio one, appear to be derived from a Facebook post from IOM Fire and Rescue.  Which says:

Our fire appliances were delayed in their response to this incident by the parking of vehicles in the local area. Please give consideration to the emergency services when leaving your vehicle to ensure our response isn’t impacted.

But it doesn't really say how they were obstructed and there's nothing to say where the fire was other than that the fact it was presumably in the West as the appliances were from Peel and it was a "structure fire" which could be anything.  People usually need concrete details to see how things could be improved - or even if they can be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WTF said:

parking isn't exactly the problem  , too many cars for the available legitimate/legal parking available is the problem , which does make you wonder why all the prom/quay developments have been allowed to reduce the available parking.

There are too many cars, vans and motorhomes on the streets. I agree with that. That is not a valid reason to park illegally though. I mean could you use that excuse if you lived in Kensington or even York? No you could not. If you don't like living in a built up area which wasn't designed for everyone to have 2 cars and a van, you should move.

I like the system in York. Within the city walls every resident gets a max of 2 permits (which they pay for). They can do what they want with them, but no vehicles over 5m allowed. It works. If folks don't want to live there. They move. It's rigourously enforced. Parking behaviour is excellent. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Both the IOM Newspapers story and the equivalent Manx Radio one, appear to be derived from a Facebook post from IOM Fire and Rescue.  Which says:

Our fire appliances were delayed in their response to this incident by the parking of vehicles in the local area. Please give consideration to the emergency services when leaving your vehicle to ensure our response isn’t impacted.

But it doesn't really say how they were obstructed and there's nothing to say where the fire was other than that the fact it was presumably in the West as the appliances were from Peel and it was a "structure fire" which could be anything.  People usually need concrete details to see how things could be improved - or even if they can be.

It's true, it doesn't say. We can only potificate as to whether they were legally parked or not.

I walked into town today. As usual hundreds of vehicles parked on double yellows and many on double yellows right round junctions. 

I spotted two that were parked on double yellows and on the footpath and over fire hydrants. Now thats crazy and they must be bloody stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just put me fire proofs on, Its a bleedin dog not an eighty year old granny. If the owner was that bothered they would of brought it out not put other people in danger by expecting them to enter a burning structure.

And what if it had been two small children? What an idiotic comment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WTF said:

Back to poor planning, look

at the shitshow they are about to create in the area of the old nurses home