The Venue Is Not Closing

stephenb

At least not in the foreseeable future.

The Cooler room is closing on Friday 16th September. But the main room will carry on as usual.

I was put straight on this by the management of the Venue earlier today, who were understandably concerned about the rumours flying around. There was much confusion amongst the staff last night, and I'm blaming these forums. :)

On Friday 16th Phil Quirk and Cam Crabtree will be bringing their fantastic Funktonic night to the main room of the Venue, while myself and Alan Stacey will be playing in the Cooler room. This will be the final night ever in the Cooler room, and promises to be a great night in both rooms. The Cooler's doors will open at 10 o'clock instead of the usual midnight.

Last night was our final Saturday night in the Cooler. Alan's been DJing in there since the place opened, and I've been doing it for the last 3 years. It's been great fun playing in there, so a big thank you to all those who've danced the night away with us, and especially to all the guys who've DJ'd with us: Stuey Morris, Colin Parker, Degs, Cam, Phil Quirk, Ricky Rooney, Mal Henderson, Paddy Page, Adam Cain, Gid, Mr. Millar, Dreamfish, and I'm sure there were many others. I hope to see you all down there on Friday.

Just seen the poster, it does say Final Night in HUGE letters, but if you look close it says the coolers last night in small letters at the bottom.

surely it's not cos they're bulldozing...you can't bulldoze half a building and leave the rest up and full of drunk people!

I've nevr been to the venue when there's not a live band on...cheesey music eh? I always thought it was dance crap, s'why I never went. :/

Archived