Bus involved in multiple accident!

Max Power

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

Has no one ever seen 2 buses passed at sale time? Maybe replacement was on different route and passing similar time?

So according to a literal man in the pub... they turned a bus around that was going in the other direction but had no passengers on, then took the passengers. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 5:48 PM, Dirty Buggane said:

And have the missing passengers committed any crime, if not and your not injured I think I would tell them to do one.                                               Busses have multiple cameras and if you can not work out what happened through them and the driver you can always close the road for 2 days. Something I have no idea why they do it, could understand if there is fatalities, but not a  little shunt. Is it because of all the money they spent on fancy kit and cad system.

Maybe they just don't know they are missing.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

There is a picture of the bus on IOM Today it looked as if it had been given a right smack in the front.    Have they found the passengers yet or are they still on the run?

No but there's a picture on MF. so, no doubt, they'll be getting lots of response now!!! 😀

14 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

They'll be asking for identity checks and searches before getting on busses next.

Well they did claim the ID Card/E-tickets for the Buses were liable to fraud... 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/e-ticket-trial-for-isle-of-man-buses-fails-because-there-isnt-enough-security-to-stop-fraud-656880

46 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Thanks, I missed that.  Crookall's the perfect DoI minister isn't he?  He's so obviously clueless that he can spout any old nonsense he's told and everyone knows there's no point in asking him questions because he doesn't have the faintest idea what he's talking about.  He'll just waffle in a vaguely apologetic way.

In this case I suspect it's the right decision for the wrong reason.  Bus Vannin only worry about fraud when they want to justify spending money they've already decided to, as when they introduced the current system.  At the time it was supposed to prevent £200,000 worth of fraud (discussed at length in this MF topic), a 'saving' never mentioned afterwards.  But ignoring that nonsense, electronic travel cards aren't always easy or cheap to implement (look at the problems Merseytravel had with the Walrus card) and the systems require skill to maintain.  It's probably not really workable in such a small area.

Of course Ashford's question was just another of his 'look at me' ones designed to show how clever and statesman-like he is, while actually revealing that he's pompous and doesn't really grasp what he's talking about.  Buy you all knew that anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Dirty Buggane said:

So there were no people actually on the bus, Sorry no electronic proof there were. So we are looking for ghosts not on the machine.

Well there will be electronic proof they boarded (and paid or used their Go Card).  Just not that they left.  Maybe they're still there.

What I suspect happened is that the first police on the scene were too busy sorting out the traffic and let them go without collecting names and the 'investigating officer' who arrived later is now sulking.

• Like 1