Isle of Man Budget 2024

Maugholdmafia

I thought Crookall sounded crass and messing around with bus fares for the sake of £45000 is not looking at the bigger picture.   The indignation that was felt after this half baked move was almost as strong as the budget NI hike and then this morning to ice the cake the clown further pokes the nest by stating they had moved quickly to avoid parents saving a few bob by pre paying at the old rate.   He would never get a position in the diplomatic service in fact if he wasn’t in government he would be hard pressed to get a job anywhere.    There are no words.   This man is in charge of one of the biggest departments in Government.

33 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I thought Crookall sounded crass and messing around with bus fares for the sake of £45000 is not looking at the bigger picture.   The indignation that was felt after this half baked move was almost as strong as the budget NI hike and then this morning to ice the cake the clown further pokes the nest by stating they had moved quickly to avoid parents saving a few bob by pre paying at the old rate.   He would never get a position in the diplomatic service in fact if he wasn’t in government he would be hard pressed to get a job anywhere.    There are no words.   This man is in charge of one of the biggest departments in Government.

That amount is down the back of the sofa money.

12 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That amount is down the back of the sofa money.

The problem is that Crookall has crassly indicated that that is where Govt is now scratching in order to continue to fund its largesse to itself.

Although to be fair, he has previous in making a dick of himself at a departmental level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

worrying thing- that's what Charters did when he was out of his depth. NB  the CEO already has a PA.

I’d guess that the incumbent PA the new CEO has inherited either isn’t up to the job, or has sussed out that Ralphs is a prick. Or both.

Either way, rather than manage the situation, the easy answer is to hire another person.

These people have no shame.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

I'm sure it won't be the only cost saving made this year.

16 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I’d guess that the incumbent PA the new CEO has inherited either isn’t up to the job, or has sussed out that Ralphs is a prick. Or both.

Either way, rather than manage the situation, the easy answer is to hire another person.

These people have no shame.

But nobody will lose their job over it. There may be a sideways move or a promotion.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Big salary for essentially no real requirements.

Those job ads are quite something. They're not written by human beings, surely.

"We want you to get the best out of your application, "

What? It's really weird stuff. A very tortured form of English.

The list of benefits is good too. The one below must be the clincher. Always makes me chuckle for some reason. You have to wait a year for your bike, mind.

Access to the Isle of Man Public Service Cycle to Work scheme after your first year of employment.

• Like 1