Isle of Man Budget 2024

Maugholdmafia

5 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Health, housing and education, I hope.

Wishful thinking but not quite what I was thinking of 😔

• Haha 1

I don't know where all these so called 'leaks' are coming from, such as 2p on income tax. Can't see that myself, the repercussions for business on the island would be massive.

If something like that did happen, with £44m of taxpayer's cash going into the government only pension pot this year, and £60m extra pissed away on a ferry terminal...and numerous other wastes of cash, there would rightly be a major uproar and petitions all round to force several by-elections.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I don't know where all these so called 'leaks' are coming from, such as 2p on income tax. Can't see that myself, the repercussions for business on the island would be massive.

If something like that did happen, with £44m of taxpayer's cash going into the government only pension pot this year, and £60m extra pissed away on a ferry terminal...and numerous other wastes of cash, there would rightly be a major uproar and petitions all round to force several by-elections.

There won't be any reaction other than a few angry comments on Facebook, Twitter, on here and perhaps a couple of petitions that will be forgotten about beyond a couple of weeks. 

The Island population is remarkably docile and it will take a lot more to cause any sort of real protest. 

Even the kids that wanted Daphne and Co. to fix climate change got bored/grew out of it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

The Island population is remarkably docile and it will take a lot more to cause any sort of real protest. 

But I've been making Molotov cocktails all day before they put duty up on the fuel.

Stand down everyone, it's off. Back to watching Come Dancing...

ETA: Disclaimer. I haven't really.

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

But I've been making Molotov cocktails all day before they put duty up on the fuel.

Stand down everyone, it's off. Back to watching Come Dancing...

ETA: Disclaimer. I haven't really.

No, we didn't really think you were the Come Dancing type.