Isle of Man Budget 2024

Maugholdmafia

On 4/27/2024 at 8:22 AM, GreyWolf said:

What exactly do these made up non important jobs do or achieve, how do they fill in there weekly job sheets. There far to many talking bollocks achieving nothing except the odd pie chart within government, redeploy these people to sort out footpaths or right of ways then at least there actually doing something. The IOM PLC is fast heading to hell in a handcart.

Uplands ranger has always been a job, and they always worked hard to keep the place straight, enforce byelaws and the like.

The carbon stuff - it's already locked in. Don't dig it up and it will stay like that. Not sure how the position is sustainable?  (See what I did there?)

There's got to be something to show for any of these posts in terms of tangible outputs.

Posted (edited)

Rubbish. I've been using Chester Street recently and its virtually empty. Its immediately adjacent to strand street and has two lifts. If people won't park there, they're hardly likely to park in a Government staff space at Hills Meadow!!

Here's where the gov spaces are;

image.thumb.png.702b4374007bf67eecdfe44bed85fd1b.png

Remember that some staff are contractually obliged to use their own vehicles for Government business. 

Paying for non-contractual parking was covered in a 2015 policy and they should all now be paying except that the charges were suspended during covid. These could be re-introduced tomorrow however the politicians all have spaces in Courts Underground which they're enjoying for free.

Edited by piebaps
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 10:14 AM, Derek Flint said:

Uplands ranger has always been a job, and they always worked hard to keep the place straight, enforce byelaws and the like.

It’s not just made up jobs and salaries. When they leave they also have mega spongers like this who should actually be slammed with a costs order for wasting court time with made up speculative claims from the taxpayer. Self entitled is an understatement. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-civil-servants-claim-for-unlawful-deduction-of-wages-struck-out-687015

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, The Maverick said:

It’s not just made up jobs and salaries. When they leave they also have mega spongers like this who should actually be slammed with a costs order for wasting court time with made up speculative claims from the taxpayer. Self entitled is an understatement. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-civil-servants-claim-for-unlawful-deduction-of-wages-struck-out-687015

Hefty costs incurred, that's just about the only incidence carrying any merit. Silly bugger. 

On 5/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, Derek Flint said:

The carbon stuff - it's already locked in. Don't dig it up and it will stay like that. Not sure how the position is sustainable?  (See what I did there?)

There's got to be something to show for any of these posts in terms of tangible outputs.

I thought these "rangers" were employed by MWT?

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Hefty costs incurred, that's just about the only incidence carrying any merit. Silly bugger. 

It’s the usual self entitled behaviour that a lot of people in the public sector tend to display. They think they’re so important that if they just keep on firing in ridiculous baseless complaints and claims the taxpayer will just stump up in the end. Hopefully they slam him with the full £140K of costs as that’s off the scale self entitlement.

3 hours ago, quilp said:

"Culture" instilled. This is where MHKs get it from too.

Did the climate team really have 10 people working on the earth art display for months?  Manx radio Twitter had something about it.  Absolutely shocking misuse of public funds. 

22 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Did the climate team really have 10 people working on the earth art display for months?  Manx radio Twitter had something about it.  Absolutely shocking misuse of public funds. 

It was a great signal of virtue, mission accomplished 

As soon as they got the job straight on the phone, you will not believe the job  I have landed and the amount they are going to pay me and the best of it is I do not have to do or produce anything and it is environmentally green. Not sure if there is any other lobs going but will keep my ear to the ground and every one is so nice, going out for wine and nibbles later to be introduced to the rest of the group and discuss and set out objectives. No I've no idea what it means but every one is so keen.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, cissolt said:

I think they said people hadn't been working on the de-carbonisation of transport strategy because they were involved with bringing the Gaia exhibition over to the island.

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Haha 1

I love this bit, "Inflationary Price Hikes" by communications providers to blame.

But no mention of hikes in charges and taxes by Govt being "inflationary" of course.

Entirely different things, entirely....

Screenshot_20240515-192629_Samsung Internet.jpg