Taxi driver... amongst others...

HelmutX

On 2/15/2024 at 8:58 PM, Kopek said:

The Judge says 10 yrs knowing it will be 5!!! He could say 5 yrs but no early release! What is the difference??~?

There are other factors in sentencing but I fear that would be beyond your understanding!!!

And clearly yours too.

A. 10 year sentence might be reduced to 5 but it is by no means a given.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:13 PM, Gizo said:

Oh look another filthy taxi driver, he can see his mate in Jurby. 

There was the guy who was done for multiple assaults on girls late from the pubs/clubs, and another guy who followed an elderly lady into her house in Castletown. There may be more. 

Back in the day there was a guy nicknamed 'Crackers' who picked up passengers bollock naked, but that is another story.

3 hours ago, Casta said:

Are you the chap who tries to convince the forum about 'loveable rogues' or is that someone else?

Does it also beggar belief that, say, a man who runs a haulage and removal company might be a rapist?

A bit late to the pile on aren't you?

Not me, obviously someone else, but taking advantage of your position as a taxi driver to assault a female, or anyone is a bit stupid, unless you intended to bury the evidence, which he obviously didn't! The road haulage company owner would probably stand a better chance of getting away with it as he doesn't carry passengers and it probably would have been a more premeditated crime.  

Edited by Max Power

17 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Do Taxi drivers have any background checks before getting their licence ?

Extended DBS check. And presumably the RTLC does additional checks into the person, although not sure. One would hope so anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Extended DBS check. And presumably the RTLC does additional checks into the person, although not sure. One would hope so anyway. 

What checks could they do, other than asking around? That would then be hearsay rather than a legal basis to refuse I'm guessing? The DBS check is supposed to be a thorough check, but I'm not sure that it captures anything from foreign jurisdictions? Maybe JW will know? 

30 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A bit late to the pile on aren't you?

Not me, obviously someone else, but taking advantage of your position as a taxi driver to assault a female, or anyone is a bit stupid, unless you intended to bury the evidence, which he obviously didn't!  

So if he had buried the evidence it would have been better?

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What checks could they do, other than asking around? That would then be hearsay rather than a legal basis to refuse I'm guessing? The DBS check is supposed to be a thorough check, but I'm not sure that it captures anything from foreign jurisdictions? Maybe JW will know? 

Well I only know the GSC procedure which presumably is stricter than the one for a taxi permit. They do other background checks, open source searches and require foreign police checks if you have not lived here five years, plus disclosure of all past convictions no matter how long ago. I still have the RTLC paperwork here but never found time to file it, but why not email the commission and ask? 

On 2/16/2024 at 3:56 PM, Stu Peters said:

Of course that's what I'm saying. Look at the mugshots of the rape (sorry 'grooming' is more politically correct) gangs across the UK. Honour killings too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/glasgow-child-abuse-ring-horrors-b2446927.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-65189785.amp

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/15/child-sexual-abuse-gangs-white-men-home-office-report

DJ Gammon strikes again. Never knowingly correct about anything.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:02 PM, HelmutX said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/taxi-driver-indecently-assaulted-passenger/

Why are these people allowed to remain IoM???? A name "Jabrane Moutiq" is definitely not of our own..... send him!

Ah yes 'Jabba'. He used to drive for Elegeance.

Once got a call from my doting missus about 2 years ago that a driver called Jabba was asking for her number and saying if ever she got bored at home to give him a call. Wonder if it's the same car.

52 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Ah yes 'Jabba'. He used to drive for Elegeance.

Once got a call from my doting missus about 2 years ago that a driver called Jabba was asking for her number and saying if ever she got bored at home to give him a call. Wonder if it's the same car.

Did you, or she, report the event to the police or RTLC?

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I can’t be arsed finding mugshots of gangs convicted in Rotherham, Rochdale, Blackburn, Bradford etc etc. And are you really using the BBC and Guardian as impartial reporters?