Butlins Lan

Slim

Looks Ace! If a few more get in on it then I would certainly consider it for sure. Not too good on the old Lan games though as I've tried a couple of times but keep getting trounced :( I'm sure they must cheat somehow.....

Is there anyone on here that gets together at all and does something like this so we could maybe get some practice in? I know when I lived across we had a club that met in a room above one of the local pubs and we all linked up and kicked ass for the day.... Fookin Brill :ph34r: Not to mentiona good excuse to escape for the day and have a few wets :P

I believe they have a WanLan or something like that locally, not sure how often though.  I too get trounced at Network games so generally give them a miss, suppose practise makes perfect though.

Excatly..... That's why even though it's across the net I'd kind of like to play on a local network ie same room so I know they ain't cheating <_<

Excatly..... That's why even though it's across the net I'd kind of like to play on a local network ie same room so I know they ain't cheating   <_<

Or just lob things at them if you lose? :D

DAM! You read my mind :rolleyes:

More than anything I guess it would be an ecuse to get out the house for a bit and have a few beers and a laugh!

If anyone knows of one or indeed if you're interested in starting one up let me know.... I'm In :D

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyone on here that gets together at all and does something like this so we could maybe get some practice in?

Yes, there is.

It's called MannArena.

We meet up on the last Thursday of every month at the church hall in Santon (many other venues have been used,including licensed venues).

The evening is open to anybody that wants to come along and play pc games.

Doors open just before 7pm, and we finish just after 11pm.

You need to bring your pc,screen,keyboard,mouse and headphones.A four gang power adaptor would also be handy, and we tend to mostly play the latest First Person shooters and driving games.

Cost for the evening is usually £3, which includes soft drinks and snacks into the bargain.

BTW, the next MannArena is his Thursday evening.

Everyone is welcome.

MannArena tonight.

If you're planning on coming down and have Half-Life 2 installed, please ensure you've let steam do it's updates before bringing your machine as another update was released a few days ago :)

Damm, just spotted those two now..... sorry I missed it... if you remind me closer to next meet I'll try and get along to that one.

Cheers

we had half a dozen, with a few spectators.3 regulars are on holiday at the moment, so we should have a larger attendance for October.

As an aside, is anyone interested in doing a Road trip to the Butlins LAN in January.

I've spoken to one person about it, but they've said they would prefer to fly :(

Archived