Being taxed for images we witness? Taxed for using our eyes?

HelmutX

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

And? Why are they pushing it now?

New information commissioner who thought it was wise to remind/advise people of an obligation that most of them didn’t seem to be aware of.

Whats the issue?  The rule is there to protect the homeowner 

4 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

New information commissioner who thought it was wise to remind/advise people of an obligation that most of them didn’t seem to be aware of.

Protect the homeowner from a dangerous doorbell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

It's a cash grab nothing more, funny how it doesn't apply to government cameras!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's a cash grab nothing more, funny how it doesn't apply to government cameras!

Because we can trust government to correctly handle data, and it would be pushing money from one pocket to another.

The first point was tongue in cheek.  Just heard of another mistake by the tax dept. who sent a query to someone which  actually had information about someone else. Previously, when a family member  notified a change of address, correspondence that should have been sent to me was sent to them at their new address. Lastly, I renewed my driving licence and received a licence with another person's photo. 

In each case, we/I just kind of shrugged, but the latest is a serious breach. 

Perhaps we have been unlucky, but I think we will be kicking up more of a fuss in future. 

Or just kick the shit out of the doorbell police when they call round to collect the new doorbell tithes from the peasants.