Being taxed for images we witness? Taxed for using our eyes?

HelmutX

so do the evri delivery drivers that take photos of customers taking delivery of goods as proof of delivery need to be registered with data dissemination?  

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

so do the evri delivery drivers that take photos of customers taking delivery of goods as proof of delivery need to be registered with data dissemination?  

No because Evri will be registered and they are working on their behalf and Evri are the ones that hold the data.   

(For some weird reason they always seem to take headless photos, maybe this is some sort of privacy thing.  Alternatively they may be trying to get jobs as photographers for IOM Newspapers).

• Haha 9

On 3/1/2024 at 2:18 PM, Roger Mexico said:

No because Evri will be registered and they are working on their behalf and Evri are the ones that hold the data.   

(For some weird reason they always seem to take headless photos, maybe this is some sort of privacy thing.  Alternatively they may be trying to get jobs as photographers for IOM Newspapers).

IOM newspaper are shocking for that. 

shouts out that they don’t know what they are doing and will make advertisers think twice with spending money with them

12 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

There was an appeal on by the police regarding the incident in Harbour road asking anyone with doorbell footage to contact them.  If this data law or whatever is pursued it will not help the police at all.

The victim there has now carked it I believe.

I don't that any law abiding... would think twice about handing over door bell, cctv or dash cam footage to the police?

I think you're turning the Molehill into............

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Oh no, how sad.    There has been no information regarding what happened but whatever a dreadful situation.

Yes there has - most local media outlets published the name of the awaiting trial accused of rape Jackson Paul as being arrested in relation to this incident.

3 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yes there has - [rest redacted]

It's probably best not to link separate potential court cases together like that - even though separately they may have been reported publicly.  The point is that a jury shouldn't be aware when they are trying someone for crime A that they are also being accused of unrelated crime B.  That's why there are often reporting restrictions on the evidence or outcome of a trial until a second trial has been completed.

As it happens I can only find mention of the second one in one place, which looks like an 'orphan' (ie they removed links to the article rather than the article itself) which suggest the other mentions have been removed completely.

• Like 1

Professor Dr David Ashford MHK MBE is raising a question about the Ring doorbell cameras, in particular asking for a review.

I doubt anything will happen as IOMG are using the likes of CCTV doorbell cameras as a method of revenue raising, and another method of controlling the population via another registration scheme. 

I do find it odd that Professor Ashford has taken up the cudgels on this topic. If he was still a COMIN member he wouldn’t even mention or raise the subject. There are two things IOMG want, one to control its citizens and raise revenues. 

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Professor Dr David Ashford MHK MBE is raising a question about the Ring doorbell cameras, in particular asking for a review.

I doubt anything will happen as IOMG are using the likes of CCTV doorbell cameras as a method of revenue raising, and another method of controlling the population via another registration scheme. 

I do find it odd that Professor Ashford has taken up the cudgels on this topic. If he was still a COMIN member he wouldn’t even mention or raise the subject. There are two things IOMG want, one to control its citizens and raise revenues. 

Its data protection law so can’t just be changed overnight, not sure why so many have the things anyway, not like you’re living in UK where crime is rife in lots of areas.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I think he's only asking about costs, not so much is it actually required.

As I said earlier, I think we should be following the UK on this - which does not require registration but gives guidance. You are permitted to film in a public place, but not a private place without permission. Roads and pavements are public, but if you're catching the house across the road or next doors garden - then you need to adjust your camera.

This is clearly just a money making scheme, where they are hoping to end up with one of DP staff salaries paid. Just another stealth tax, like the recent school bus fare rise.

These stealth taxes really piss people off, especially in conjunction with an income tax rise and no NI adjustment like the UK.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

You're forgetting that David Ashford was the Jason Moorhouse of 2017.  He was always prepared to ask questions about anything on anyone's behalf before he was made a Minister.   Since he was sacked, he has resumed this and he also likes to raise topics to show how much he knows and is on top of the latest developments.  Presumably the idea is to demonstrate how much talent they are missing from CoMin now he is on the backbenches.  This usually fails as it trends to reveal he hasn't much idea what he is talking about and is extremely patronising and annoying when he does so.

In this case the exact question is: 

Whether a review of the annual charge levied on Ring doorbells for data protection registration and the registration process is being considered

Which suggests it's a question that a constituent has raised (it mentions a particular brand of video doorbell rather than being more general) and it's one where he doesn't have the faintest idea what it's about.  

35 minutes ago, Banker said:

Its data protection law so can’t just be changed overnight, not sure why so many have the things anyway, not like you’re living in UK where crime is rife in lots of areas.

Most people just use them so they don’t miss someone at the door, or can tell the delivery guy where to leave a parcel.

Nothing to do with security for lots of people 

• Thanks 1