The Christian throwing Cannan to the lions

Holte End

4 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

A lot of people have had high hopes for CC as a polititian, has she had any particular success with anything apart from potholes and saltbins? I am sure the lady is popular in her constituency although has she changed or proposed anything to help the Island in general? I know she has a little bit of business knowledge "Christian Couture" however she was no Miss Selfridge.

I think she’s quite good.

But let’s face it the whole revolt against Cannan and Allinson is a joke. A total idiot like Callister asks people on Facebook what he should do, followed by a total idiot like Moorhouse and a total idiot like Glover. When that hasn’t yielded anything significant Mrs Christian puts her cards in almost a week late having not voted for the budget.

No wonder Alf seems to be feeling pretty confident. This is the worlds biggest open goal that is being defended by people who left the pitch days ago and the goalie has two broken legs and yet most of our totally hopeless back benchers are so bloody clueless nobody wants to be seen to kick the ball at an open goal. Complete dickheads. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Isn’t her business closed?

What’s your point?   Plenty of good business people have had to close up in recent years - there’s a whole thread dedicated to the subject.   Doesn’t mean she wouldn’t still be better than Alf…

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Top 1% of Ballakermeen...ever.

This reminds me of a comment (maybe in Private Eye, I'm not sure) along the lines of: "Princess Diana has been described as the best-looking woman in the Royal Family, which is a bit like being the best football team in Alaska."

15 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

This reminds me of a comment (maybe in Private Eye, I'm not sure) along the lines of: "Princess Diana has been described as the best-looking woman in the Royal Family, which is a bit like being the best football team in Alaska."

Also a bit like 'Harry...your dad's not well, but while you're there, please pop in to see Charles too'... 🤣

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Think we are in for a change. A need for change is gaining momentum. My money is on Jane Poole-Wilson taking over. Top 1% of Ballakermeen...ever.

But she needs to confirm she'll tackle the bloat.

JtVdwu6.gif

What do you want to see someone do about the “bloat”

In actual achievable terms that won’t have a knock on negative impact on the economy, what do you want them to do?

Its easy to say we should shed 20 percent of government staff, and 49 percent of those on 100k plus (for example) but how does that actually work?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

What do you want to see someone do about the “bloat”

In actual achievable terms that won’t have a knock on negative impact on the economy, what do you want them to do?

Its easy to say we should shed 20 percent of government staff, and 49 percent of those on 100k plus (for example) but how does that actually work?

Well our beloved government keep on telling us there are thousands of unfilled jobs in the private sector so let them apply for those.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Well our beloved government keep on telling us there are thousands of unfilled jobs in the private sector so let them apply for those.

They wouldn’t survive in the private sector.

Civil servants (and I am talking office dwellers, DOI, MUA etc here.  Not nurses ). Have no idea what a days work in the real world is like.

Start early, finish late.  Actually work while you are there and no overtime.  They wouldn’t last a week.

• Like 2