The Christian throwing Cannan to the lions

Holte End

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

They wouldn’t survive in the private sector.

Civil servants (and I am talking office dwellers, DOI, MUA etc here.  Not nurses ). Have no idea what a days work in the real world is like.

Start early, finish late.  Actually work while you are there and no overtime.  They wouldn’t last a week.

I know that you know that but if they want to eat they'll need to pull their socks up!

2 minutes ago, Interested Reader said:

Something. Literally something rather than to keep on underwriting it even if that means taxes go up and they still do nothing. 

Examples?

Like I said it’s easy to say. Bit what should they actually do

Yiur meaningless comment has actually reinforced my point.

14 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Examples?

Like I said it’s easy to say. Bit what should they actually do

Yiur meaningless comment has actually reinforced my point.

As you seem to be the maddest and most detached from reality poster on this forum I’m not that sure pointing out anything further would be that beneficial to the forum in general as if you act to type you will come back with some mad criteria. There is a huge amount of bad admin that can be taken out for a start. Increased automation, streamlined services, reduced non jobs overseeing very little. The Meat Plant could happily go. And the Flour Mill. Do we need to monitor peoples door bells? Or if they can rent out a room on Airbnb? There is a huge layer that could be peeled back to release money for frontline services, 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Interested Reader said:

As you seem to be the maddest and most detached from reality poster on this forum I’m not that sure pointing out anything further would be that beneficial to the forum in general as if you act to type you will come back with some mad criteria. There is a huge amount of bad admin that can be taken out for a start. Increased automation, streamlined services, reduced non jobs overseeing very little. The Meat Plant could happily go. And the Flour Mill. Do we need to monitor peoples door bells? Or if they can rent out a room on Airbnb? There is a huge layer that could be peeled back to release money for frontline services, 

Meat plant is going courtesy of Tesco.

31 minutes ago, finlo said:

Meat plant is going courtesy of Tesco.

In what way is it going? Closing, or only slaughtering?  

Have to say, at the Food Festival last year, I went to the IOM Meats counter and had a chat with the people behind the counter.  I asked why more usual cuts of meat weren't being pushed, by publishing recipes, extolling their virtues.  I was thinking of the massive boost ox cheek had when a celeb chef got a hold of it.  The reply was that they only really respond to demand from butchers.  Completely uninterested. 

Is marketing not part of the meat plant's role? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

In what way is it going? Closing, or only slaughtering?  

Have to say, at the Food Festival last year, I went to the IOM Meats counter and had a chat with the people behind the counter.  I asked why more usual cuts of meat weren't being pushed, by publishing recipes, extolling their virtues.  I was thinking of the massive boost ox cheek had when a celeb chef got a hold of it.  The reply was that they only really respond to demand from butchers.  Completely uninterested. 

Is marketing not part of the meat plant's role? 

It will all be brought in from across, Cheltenham probably.

Just now, Gladys said:

Still not sure what you are saying (apart from the reference to horsemeat).  

So what exactly is the situation with Tesco and the meat plant? 

They won't be taking much if any, and their transition program is a total disaster that makes iomg look like absolute professionals!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

If crazy Dave is in the private sector he has proved they do very little but post on forums every day.

The same Fred, if the politicos post on here. I gather from the arrogant way you post, your either a taxi driver or a Politico. I going for politico because of your lack of understanding of the word Woah, slow down! Explanation: woah is used to express surprise, shock, or awe, 

Edited by Holte End