Reduced General Election Term Time to 3 Years.

Last Ten

7 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Interested Reader was just a political stirrer and when no one rose to his musings has hopefully slunk off for good.     If I were a suspicion person I would think IR had a personal interest in the current goings on.  

Quite wrong and what musings did I make? My only mistake seems to have been to engage with one poster who clearly has issues and who I had blocked. This forum really is an absolutely hideous place full of some thoroughly horrible and disturbed individuals. 

18 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Interested Reader was just a political stirrer and when no one rose to his musings has hopefully slunk off for good.     If I were a suspicion person I would think IR had a personal interest in the current goings on.  

I reckon he’s a Douglas councillor 

Or a Braddan Commissioner. 🤣.   No , probably that idiot that has started the petition he has about 1000 signatures now only 85,000 to go, minus the children and young people.    Of course he had 200 COC members for a starter and then no doubt Michael Mouse of petition fame was mentioned.    

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Feedback, banter and debate I value. Abuse and trolling not so much. And I’ve been a member of this forum from the start, so don’t need advice from you on how to use it.

Hardly abuse, more like an accurate character reference...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Do you not think there has been an significant and noticeable improvement in DOI since the last election?

I do.

The standard of the work on the roads has improved.  Some of the latest surfaces put down are exceptionally high quality and attract praise from people who know the industry and what’s involved in laying a new road surface inside out.

The airport is improving.  These things don’t change over night and the people there now both at DOI and the airport inherited a shit show.

The amount of work getting completed on roads and pavements seems higher than I ever remember.

Do you disagree?  Its one thing to criticise, but to base those criticisms on performances from years ago is a bit stupid.

Thanks Emily but there is no noticeable improvement of the roads and pavements outside of the TT course

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Thanks Emily but there is no noticeable improvement of the roads and pavements outside of the TT course

Hilarious.

Do you not get out much?  These are only since December at a time of year when they don’t do much.  The program through last summer was more than I ever remember.

Are you another one who just spouts the same old crap people have been spouting for years with nothing to back it up?

Note I haven’t included the numerous drainage schemes or any of the emergency repairs taken during the same time.

IMG_0581.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Hilarious.

Do you not get out much?  These are only since December at a time of year when they don’t do much.  The program through last summer was more than I ever remember.

Are you another one who just spouts the same old crap people have been spouting for years with nothing to back it up?

Note I haven’t included the numerous drainage schemes or any of the emergency repairs taken during the same time.

IMG_0581.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Oh I get out, that’s why I can see the poor state of the roads/pavements around the island 

Nobody is saying they couldn’t be better.

You said “

You should not be using any yardstick, you should be working hard to get them to a better standard for us all. To date your department has been embarrassingly inept in everything it touches. 
as for the 2026 elections, fingers crossed that your constituents find you woefully inadequate‘

When actually since the last election and some changes at the top things are much improved.  Obviously they can’t resurface every road and pavement in less than three years, but are you seriously saying you don’t think there had been an improvement under this administration?

Just now, CrazyDave said:

Nobody is saying they couldn’t be better.

You said “

You should not be using any yardstick, you should be working hard to get them to a better standard for us all. To date your department has been embarrassingly inept in everything it touches. 
as for the 2026 elections, fingers crossed that your constituents find you woefully inadequate‘

When actually since the last election and some changes at the top things are much improved.  Obviously they can’t resurface every road and pavement in less than three years, but are you seriously saying you don’t think there had been an improvement under this administration?

Exactly what I’m saying, Christ you’re a Jedi level stupid 

5 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Exactly what I’m saying, Christ you’re a Jedi level stupid 

Then you are a moron, sorry.

The difference in the amount of work being undertaken and the quality of the work being completed now, compared to four or five years ago is night and day.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Feedback, banter and debate I value. Abuse and trolling not so much. And I’ve been a member of this forum from the start, so don’t need advice from you on how to use it.

So you are going to stand again. 

14 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

It is a three year term.

A year after election standing round and looking at each other.

Three years obfuscation

A year winding things down because there's an election coming up

Maybe you should stand. You’d probably win then achieve sweet FA but then you would not bother for that very reason. I think that’s kind of it for anyone who just might be a bit good.

Maybe you should stand. You’d probably win then achieve sweet FA but then you would not bother for that very reason. I think that’s kind of it for anyone who just might be a bit good.

Well that would mean coming back for a start.

I did consider it, and was asked by a few to. The problem is I don't think I'd stand a chance. I tend to divide opinion - I was affectionately told my by boss last week that I'm  the stone in the shoe. I dont disrupt for the sake of it, but highlight what might be done easier and better. I was the same in the cops which is one reason my career plateaued at Inspector. 

There's no point in writing a local manifesto, as I've said before as they are meaningless. As you point out too, the chances of achieving anyhing are slim. And that will remain the case until a brave house breaks the CS grip.

The bottom line is I would stand, because the island matters so much to me. The UK is now on a race to the bottom and this time is the greatest opportunity the IOM has had for generations. If it screws this up then it us finished as a jurisdiction.

I just don't think the public want folk wired like me.

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Like 3