Manx Bean

6 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

You don’t need to put the correct email address it works whatever you put 🤣

I feel a competition coming on...

I'll start with, onepoundseventyforthatcrap@manx.net

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

You don’t need to put the correct email address it works whatever you put 🤣

I put in a spurious random email address in every time. Comes up with the message “thanks for subscribing” 😂😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ray Manx said:

I put in a spurious random email address in every time.

Places like Liverpool airport annoy me because they require an email address for the free wi-fi. So every time I use a variation of john.smith456@gmail.com.

I hope someone is getting some spam email because of that. If I could find who was responsible for this crap scheme, I would use their email address.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

I have deleted them from my bookmarks and never look at their crap, worst local news around.

Personally,  I can't see them lasting in the longterm. Richard Butt left a while ago now, and I've noticed a major decline since on the site.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Manx Radio are running a survey at the moment - good chance to push for better news and current affairs coverage - if you want to fill one in.

Hard to find if it doesn't automatically pop up: https://www.manxradio.com/community/what-matters-most/

I've only looked at the first couple of pages but that's an amazingly badly-constructed survey already - especially from what is supposed to be an organisation which has  processing and explaining information as a top priority: 

• It asks people to define themselves by which constituency they live in, but treats Douglas as all one, assumes people will know which one and doesn't allow for listeners/social media users who live outside the Island, but may have a local connection
  • It asks how long people have been on the Island but doesn't distinguish between over 25 years and people who have always lived here (different demographics) or allow for those here under a year or not at all
  • It asks what the most important issues nationally are and then gives no fewer than 56 options (plus other) of wildly different types of things (sometimes overlapping) with no way of people prioritising between them
  • It then asks if people have contacted MHKs with nothing to say about what over, how long ago and so on, ditto local authorities
  • It then gives an almost as long a list of 'local' issues for people to pick (some of which aren't local)

The only thing consistent about this survey is that it hasn't been thought through and it shows that those writing it had no interest in finding out what people think at all.  They're only interested in saying "Look we did a survey".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2