Liberal Vannin party

CrazyDave

I'm not sure Liberal Vannin is a political party in any meaningful sense of the word anyway.  It just seems to be a collection of individuals of wildly differing beliefs who think they might do better politically by being in a political party.  I don't think the electorate has ever agreed much, except when it operated as the Peter Karran Fan Club.

Anyway, as CrazyDave wasn't polite enough to give you the whole result, here it is:

image.png.9754db7b9981a5b65ccb58bffd7f46af.png

As you see it was a pretty low turnout (and 2% is high for spoilt) which tends to mean that the candidates are all going to be fairly close.

Edited to add:  The most recent electorate I could find was from 2011, so difficult to work out turnout but I reckon it might now be around 2,900 for South, so this would be 17%.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The scruffy - tatty! - guy did alright. 

I actually checked the Notice of Poll to make sure that I wasn't seeing things:

image.png.af0cc06352c62b6af0c9610fece828db.png

But Tatty it is.  Given that his seconder has Bardolph Runciman, their either taking the piss or it's Ramsey being Ramsey.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I actually checked the Notice of Poll to make sure that I wasn't seeing things:

image.png.af0cc06352c62b6af0c9610fece828db.png

But Tatty it is.  Given that his seconder has Bardolph Runciman, their either taking the piss or it's Ramsey being Ramsey.

Both his proposer and seconder are serving Commissioners too, obviously looking to expand their family of quirkiness. Unfortunately....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Max Power said:

Lot's of double barrelled names these days.

I thought that.  3 double barrels and someone called Tatty.  That's Ramsey! 

19 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I read their manifestos and to be honest there was nothing on the about what they wanted to achieve it was just questions about Ramsey. 

I got the impression none of them really understood what being a commissioner entailed as well. Was hoping "Tatty" would win as although hes a bit naive his hearts in the right place, glad the other 2 didn't get in though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Used to be posh, now it often means someone in your family married a footballer..........

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I thought that.  3 double barrels and someone called Tatty.  That's Ramsey! 

Or your parents never married, but it is Ramsey.