The girlies are off to Malta

They are certainly getting a hard time about this little jolly, over a hundred comments and still mounting.   Michelle Heyward has taken it upon herself to defend the trip.    This apparently is not being funded by the tax payers the CPA are funding it, the Island gives the CPA twenty grand a year ,so we should be grateful that we are getting value for money, my words, then she goes on to say the flights are the cheapest on offer so if we are booking the flights we must be chipping in.   The argument is very much alive and I think before it is finished Michelle will wish she had done another activity this morning other than going on line.

• Like 1

I have just read the Rob Callister thread and realised this has been to some extent covered but how is it Michelle H.  has put on FB the cost is being born by the CPA and Rob is saying they book the cheapest flights and modest hotels.    Come on guys get your stories straight.

As I pointed out yesterday, financial details of CPA jollies and the like are eventually available from here:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/members-officers/remuneration-and-allowances

and click on OFF ISLAND TRAVEL COSTS - DETAILS OF PARLIAMENTARY TRAVEL

Looking at it, normally only Corlett sems to go on them (the previous one was in Gibraltar in 2022).

Edited to add: That last one only flights seem to be paid for, I think the host country pays for accommodation etc.

Edited by Roger Mexico

50 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I have just read the Rob Callister thread and realised this has been to some extent covered but how is it Michelle H.  has put on FB the cost is being born by the CPA and Rob is saying they book the cheapest flights and modest hotels.    Come on guys get your stories straight.

"CPA costs" are borne by contributing member countries. ie US to one degree or another no matter how they try to spin it.

Full of self-entitled shit, the lot of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

To  an extent yes but it is the discrepancy between Robs version and Michelle’s version of who pays what that I was interested in and the fact that the trip was getting a very bad reception from the GP on FB that I was pointing out. Roger’s input was very illuminating and factual as per usual and we are clear on the matter now.  The question is if Ann C.  went before on her own why is it now deemed desirable to have three representatives.   Rob C. is surely important enough to warrant his own thread without distractions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

Do those two things have to be exclusive?  What’s the issue?

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

To  an extent yes but it is the discrepancy between Robs version and Michelle’s version of who pays what that I was interested in and the fact that the trip was getting a very bad reception from the GP on FB that I was pointing out. Roger’s input was very illuminating and factual as per usual and we are clear on the matter now.  The question is if Ann C.  went before on her own why is it now deemed desirable to have three representatives.   Rob C. is surely important enough to warrant his own thread without distractions.

Also covered under MHKs no commitment so 3 threads covering exactly the same thing!,