The girlies are off to Malta

38 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What happened to Digital trying to attract fintech? Given up? 

Appears so.  I've had a couple of enquiries recently that I've tried to throw at DED/FSA or get some comment or input, as the problem with a lot of this Fintech stuff, is that it's so new that there are no regulations.  Or if you compare it to something similar in existence, they want to know if they those regulations will apply.  Usually they're happy either way and just want some clarity.  Often it would provide attraction for similar operators if there is some guidance regarding what will or won't apply.  Standard response is 'get a legal opinion'.  It's gaming or nothing nowadays.  They did have a brief circle jerk about e-sports, but that's gone dead.  Aren't we the next hub for medicinal cannabis too?  Anyone heard anything about that recently? 

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Appears so.  I've had a couple of enquiries recently that I've tried to throw at DED/FSA or get some comment or input, as the problem with a lot of this Fintech stuff, is that it's so new that there are no regulations.  Or if you compare it to something similar in existence, they want to know if they those regulations will apply.  Usually they're happy either way and just want some clarity.  Often it would provide attraction for similar operators if there is some guidance regarding what will or won't apply.  Standard response is 'get a legal opinion'.  It's gaming or nothing nowadays.  They did have a brief circle jerk about e-sports, but that's gone dead.  Aren't we the next hub for medicinal cannabis too?  Anyone heard anything about that recently? 

Better if the Digital agency is given up...it's probably created more jobs within itself than out in industry.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:12 AM, Non-Believer said:

There are posters absolutely ripping into Michelle Haywood on FB, she appears to have no comprehension that all these things, including her salary, are ultimately paid for by the taxpayer. She just keeps repeating this mantra that it's being paid for by the CPA and "Tynwald Office".

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks..."