The girlies are off to Malta

I don't really accept that this Fact-Finding Jolly is at no cost to the Manx Taxpayer. But they are being paid a full-time wage to do a full time job. So - who is doing their job when they are off-Island?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KERED said:

I don't really accept that this Fact-Finding Jolly is at no cost to the Manx Taxpayer. But they are being paid a full-time wage to do a full time job. So - who is doing their job when they are off-Island?

Well there’s no contract that says you must work 45 hours a week for MHKs is there? And of course it’s taxpayer funded. Their whole existence is. But it’s still irrelevant in the great scheme of things. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KERED said:

There are posters absolutely ripping into Michelle Haywood on FB, she appears to have no comprehension that all these things, including her salary, are ultimately paid for by the taxpayer. She just keeps repeating this mantra that it's being paid for by the CPA and "Tynwald Office".

It might go some way to explaining how PSM ratepayers got burned for £250k over Manxonia House.

4 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

N.B what Facebook site are they tearing into Doc Haywood.

Here you go...3FM news on FB

Screenshot_20240310-120006_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

She just keeps repeating this mantra that it's being paid for by the CPA and "Tynwald Office".

Has nobody told her we pay £20,000/year to the CPA, And we the tax payers fund the "Tynwald Office" to the tune of god only (Or Roger) knows. So how is that we the public are not paying for it. Obviously we the public are all to  dumb to know that its not really our money, just like that giant of commerce (Teare) informed us thus

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Thanks Juan, no Falkland Islands trips this year?

Err , "extended" trips , to visit all the battle sites  , he gave a talk about it .

I stand to be corrected but it's claimed that his delay in returning to IOM added an extra airfare cost ( in addition to the paracetamol and suncream ) . He did explain that the ozone layer was thinner there though.

just saying :flowers:

This thread should really be titled ‘Manx Crab Syndrome - a perfect example’.

The usual suspects on this forum would be the first to criticise Tynwald members for not engaging more widely.

I’m tempted to see if the CPA will organise an ‘e-gaming for small islands’ conference in Las Vegas just to have you all snapping your claws in furious indignation.

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

You really have no idea how to read the room

It’s not a room, it’s a bucket. If it was a room, rather than a disparate collection of anonymous serial complainers, I’d make the effort.

3 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

It’s not a room, it’s a bucket. If it was a room, rather than a disparate collection of anonymous serial complainers, I’d make the effort.

By room, I don't think he meant an actual room or indeed this forum.

Huge chunks of the population are being hammered from all sides, and the people we elect to work on our behalf are ignoring us, and indeed actively making things worse.

I am not sure how you don't see this?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Chances are; many of the valid contributors on MF are civil servants or have business contracts with Government and hence remain anonymous. It reflects the culture of government that forums and such commentary like this exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1