State of the Roads

Passing Time

4 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Fair play to Michelle for highlighting this to a wider audience, now waiting  for foghorn voice Crookall at doi with his big book of excuses. 

Yes - Hopefully Timbo will hopefully tell us that this will hopefully soon be sorted, in, hopefully, a very short time. .. .  hopefully.

23 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Fair play to Michelle for highlighting this to a wider audience, now waiting  for foghorn voice Crookall at doi with his big book of excuses. 

Not a fan of this sort of 'look at me' gimmick.

It is puzzling why the DoI haven't done this road yet as they had money in the last budget I believe? @Stu Peters

3 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Not a fan of this sort of 'look at me' gimmick.

It is puzzling why the DoI haven't done this road yet as they had money in the last budget I believe? @Stu Peters

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-deploys-flower-power-to-tackle-pothole-issue/

Apparently not for the amount of work needed to address the 'failing' road. 

22 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Good on her. It's a creative way of demonstrating the problem at hand.

Really? She's in the government.

It's like Sunak going on a 'Sunak's useless!" march.

I'm pretty sure she's broken the law doing that too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Really? She's in the government.

It's like Sunak going on a 'Sunak's useless!" march.

I'm pretty sure she's broken the law doing that too.

Which law? 

I'm looking forward to her geraniums brightening up the road if it hasn't been resurfaced later this year. 

We seem to be able to find the money to resurface bits and pieces of the TT Course but little else. My road took 2 years to fill the pot holes after I reported it to Onchan Commissioners. 

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Ones that jump out to me...Obstructing traffic or interfering with public infrastructure. Danger to road users and pedestrians.

How do flowers do that? Surely they just get flattened under tires. Tires that dip into those holes and the tracking that gets screwed up as a consequence? 

Honestly, planting some flowers in the holes to highlight a problem isn't the problem here. It's the DOI not having sorted or maintained the road over the last few years. Trash the DOI, Albert. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rachomics said:

How do flowers do that? Surely they just get flattened under tires. Tires that dip into those holes and the tracking that gets screwed up as a consequence? 

Honestly, planting some flowers in the holes to highlight a problem isn't the problem here. It's the DOI not having sorted or maintained the road over the last few years. Trash the DOI, Albert. 

Still offences.