State of the Roads

Passing Time

24 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Still offences.

Which law/act? I'm still none-the-wiser here. Happy to tell Michelle she might have broken the law in doing so but you really do need to specify the laws instead of just saying it's an offense. Could an accident have been caused if a car drove over a daffodil? What would a daffodil collision result in? Cats are pretty crap at jumping out in the road. Is a daffodil worse than a bolting cat? Are people prosecuted for hitting a cat? Should people be prosecuted for hitting a daffodil?

Edited by rachomics
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

Good on her. It's a creative way of demonstrating the problem at hand.

Surely as an MHK the best way of dealing with it wouid be through Tynwald and using your influence as a MHK on behalf of your constituents. Protesting about it on Facebook simply underlines how completely ineffectual you are as an MHK to have done nothing about it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Surely as an MHK the best way of dealing with it wouid be through Tynwald and using your influence as a MHK on behalf of your constituents. Protesting about it on Facebook simply underlines how completely ineffectual you are as an MHK to have done nothing about it. 

It's 2024, not 1824. To be seen doing something on social media is better than to read that a question was asked last week in Tynwald. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachomics said:

It's 2024, not 1824. To be seen doing something on social media is better than to read that a question was asked last week in Tynwald. 

To be honest I think it’s embarrassing for an MHK to admit on social media that they are so hopeless as an MHK that they can’t even apply influence on the DOI to get a road fixed in the constituency that voted them in. If I was a PSM voter I’d take that post as a clear reminder that I voted for someone who can’t even get a road fixed. 

Edited by Kevlar

PSM high street is simply too difficult for the DoI to handle. It'll be shut for a year when they eventually contract a firm to do it properly. 

In the meantime they could actually put some effort into the potholes, instead of the frankly appalling attempts they've made time and time again over the last 4 years. They don't chase an area out and clean it, I've watched them do it. It's a bit of tamac in the hole, run a roller over it, move on. It is completely half arsed, everytime. And then it rains and it all washes out.

It also shows how fucking thick planning are when they granted permission for that ridiculous proposal on the underway, cos the road above that is the top of the high street/bottom of Bay View Road and will have similar underlying issues. 

There was a crew down there last month putting new streetlights in so you can see the potholes in the dark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is that a fairly narrow street with yellows and parking on one side???

Could be that it  should be 20mph restricted which would be plenty of time to avoid the potholes which don't look too deep in the pics!!!

If you have a hole in the roof of your house and a crack in your garden path, which do you tackle first???

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Is that a fairly narrow street with yellows and parking on one side???

Could be that it  should be 20mph restricted which would be plenty of time to avoid the potholes which don't look too deep in the pics!!!

If you have a hole in the roof of your house and a crack in your garden path, which do you tackle first???

Go and look instead of chatting shit about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

It absolutely should be a 20.

The potholes don't look too deep on Michelle heywoods pictures because they filled them in two weeks ago!!! This is my point. It hasn't stopped raining, and if you don't do it with effort it won't work. See my previous photo in this thread of the guy fishing, that is one of the potholes she put her daffs in after it's been 'fixed'. Hopeless.

• Like 1