State of the Roads

Passing Time

5 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Go and look instead of chatting shit about it.

Post the worst photos then if you have any! I would imagine the holes shown would be the worst, opportunity lost if not?

No, I'm not going to look into a hole!!!

Don't take your Sharabangs down there then!!! 😀

4 hours ago, Kevlar said:

To be honest I think it’s embarrassing for an MHK to admit on social media that they are so hopeless as an MHK that they can’t even apply influence on the DOI to get a road fixed in the constituency that voted them in. If I was a PSM voter I’d take that post as a clear reminder that I voted for someone who can’t even get a road fixed. 

You seem not to understand a point I've been making for two years - a single MHK can't demand anything. I've been told I should exercise my authority as a DOI member to get the road near me at Mount Murray fixed sooner (something I'm sure would go down well here) and refuse to do so. Fact is, DOI looks at repairs and maintenance and prioritises jobs based on danger, traffic flow, type and estimated cost of repair etc. Like all deparments we're under the cosh financially and can't do everything all at once.

• Like 4

Just now, finlo said:

Now I wonder why that might be?

Because Treasury is trying to balance the books - which I'm sure you welcome - and ALL departments are being asked to help (not just those involved in Liverpool and The Prom overspends). This administration either inherited previous problems are is dealing with the after effects of Covid, Brexit and now Ukraine and recssion. So people might have to avoid potholes for a bit longer.

1 minute ago, Stu Peters said:

Because Treasury is trying to balance the books - which I'm sure you welcome - and ALL departments are being asked to help (not just those involved in Liverpool and The Prom overspends). This administration either inherited previous problems are is dealing with the after effects of Covid, Brexit and now Ukraine and recssion. So people might have to avoid potholes for a bit longer.

All the excuses rolled into one! Nothing to do with the ever increasing bloated government machine then!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

This administration either inherited previous problems are is dealing with the after effects of Covid, Brexit and now Ukraine and recssion. So people might have to avoid potholes for a bit longer.

The old worthies then Stu? Nothing about the home grown stuff that this administration has contributed to? An extra 700 civil servants on the payroll?

As for danger, traffic flow, type etc, how did the Sloc, Druidale, various back roads around St Mark's and West Baldwin fit into those criteria?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

told I should exercise my authority as a DOI member to get the road near me at Mount Murray fixed sooner (something I'm sure would go down well here) and refuse to do so.

Understand where you are coming from Stu but perhaps you should explain to your constituent that you will raise the matter on their behalf but not for them to hold out too much hope because of financial restraints on spending and priorities???

Rather than, '' refuse to do so ''??? Not good.

• Like 1

ALL administrations inherit 'problems' from the previous. Some caused by 'vote buying' measures? Shouldn't really happen in our non party state but then it might help the incumbents to be re-elected if the CS decree???

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

So when we all pay our vehicle duty to the government, where does that money go?

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I forgot to add, you’re talking shite as per…

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

So when we all pay our vehicle duty to the government, where does that money go?

It's all now going to pay salaries and pensions, monies for actual services is now way down on the list!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Stu was good enough to provide a breakdown of how much motorist's revenue was actually spent on the roads before his assimilation was fully completed...bear in mind that these figures were pre-the huge recent rises in RF duty.

Screenshot_20240316-224728_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo