State of the Roads

Passing Time

16 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

I see Michelle Haywood mhk has been planting some nice flowers in the middle of PSM high street again while it maybe a publicity stunt, it does bring it back in the stoplight again. 
That piece of road is shocking, will it take a accident to ever get anything done or is it they just don’t have to skill set to fix it.

Isn't that whole section of road trying to join the sea? 

39 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

I see Michelle Haywood mhk has been planting some nice flowers in the middle of PSM high street again while it maybe a publicity stunt, it does bring it back in the stoplight again. 
That piece of road is shocking, will it take a accident to ever get anything done or is it they just don’t have to skill set to fix it.

The wage she makes as an MHK is obviously money well spent 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Good for her. We need more direct action.

31 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It would be interesting to discover if any of the potholes currently providing Autumn colour are the same ones that were supposed to have been 'patched' following Haywood's previous planting spree.

We did say at the time that they wouldn't last. They just bunged some tar into the holes without cutting a proper hole with an edge. They probably went within 4 weeks. 

On 4/14/2024 at 9:29 PM, genericUserName said:

Perhaps we could help by filling in the potholes ourselves as has been happening in some parts of the UK.

Kind of like Beach Buddies but for the roads. 

Great...thanks. Just been called into the HR office for Googling 'Hole Buddies'.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It would be interesting to discover if any of the potholes currently providing Autumn colour are the same ones that were supposed to have been 'patched' following Haywood's previous planting spree.

She planted these flowers in potholes slightly further down the hill, ones that stupidly were not patched last time. The patches they filled in last time have held together ok, only one has completely fell to bits.

The road is fucked, totally completely wrecked. They won't deal with it because they don't know what to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Great...thanks. Just been called into the HR office for Googling 'Hole Buddies'.

Maybe they could become affiliates of my planned footpath maintenance volunteer group; Bush Bashers. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

This one made me chuckle - it’s the road / Avenue that the bloke who walks round Onchan in HI Viz with 11 shit dogs tied to his waist lives.

F3B3AAAF-4535-4E77-94CB-5E8E7E39BB54.png

Why is it funny? I see that chap around all over the place, and I wouldn't say they were shit dogs, find it quite sweet really. 

• Like 1