State of the Roads

Passing Time

50 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Over to Peel

I think if I lived in Douglas I would go over to Peel, but I don't, so I go out to it. But everyone is different.

Edited by TheTeapot

23 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

f it’s a pothole or minor road defect and you report it on the app it will be fixed in a couple of days.  Thats a fact.

Utter horseshit. Email on 15th December and a further email 12th January from MU, for 2 separate defects I reported on their website. Nothing has happened.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Utter horseshit. Email on 15th December and a further email 12th January from MU, for 2 separate defects I reported on their website. Nothing has happened.  

MU?

So not DOI.  The DOI app is very good and in my experience stuff is fixed in days.  A couple of minutes uploading a pic and a map location and it’s fixed a few days later.  Assuming it’s a realistic fix, and not a whole road that needs resurfacing.

The app is notify.im

I can only post my own experiences.

8 minutes ago, Gizo said:

You literally just told me that my observation about the app is “utter horseshit” by then telling us you didn’t get a similar result by reporting something on a completely different organisations website 😂

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

MU?

So not DOI.  The DOI app is very good and in my experience stuff is fixed in days.  A couple of minutes uploading a pic and a map location and it’s fixed a few days later.  Assuming it’s a realistic fix, and not a whole road that needs resurfacing.

The app is notify.im

I can only post my own experiences.

I know what fckn website you obnoxious twat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

I know what fckn website you obnoxious twat. 

In which case your comment was literally like someone who had poor service on email from Jackson’s, disagreeing with someone saying they had had good service on the phone from Ocean Ford?

Random.

4 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

In which case your comment was literally like someone who had poor service on email from Jackson’s, disagreeing with someone saying they had had good service on the phone from Ocean Ford?

Random.

Do you ever get tired of posting shite on here day after day?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gizo said:

DOI are to busy dealing with all the potholes reported by highflier/entrepeneur CD to be bothered with your little issues.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

DOI are to busy dealing with all the potholes reported by highflier/entrepeneur CD to be bothered with your little issues.😁

He didn’t even contact DOI FFS.

There are some very special people on here.

If someone has a pothole they want fixing just put it in the notify.im app and it will be fixed in a few days h less it needs major work.

It really is that simple.  Why people find it hard to understand, or to follow the fact that using the Manx Utilities website isn’t using the right system, I have no idea.

And I never claimed to be a highflier or entrepreneur.  People here really do seem incapable of reading without making things up to fill the gaps.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

He didn’t even contact DOI FFS.

There are some very special people on here.

If someone has a pothole they want fixing just put it in the notify.im app and it will be fixed in a few days h less it needs major work.

It really is that simple.  Why people find it hard to understand, or to follow the fact that using the Manx Utilities website isn’t using the right system, I have no idea.

And I never claimed to be a highflier or entrepreneur.  People here really do seem incapable of reading without making things up to fill the gaps.  

I have to agree with @CrazyDave to some extent. It is hard to conclude that @Gizo knew what he was on about as his post made no sense. It seemed to refer to the DOI as the MUA which would lead the reader to summarise that @Gizo didn't have a clue. However to be fair to Gizo he has clarified it and does now what he is on about. We have all made errors.

We do know that if you report a pothole then the DOI will come and fix it (albeit to a very poor standard). They do it because if someone reports one and then there is an accident or serious damage to a vehicle or person then they would be liable. They would have guilty knowledge.

If you report a pothole to the MUA they will just get confused and put the electricity price up to cover it.

Maybe we can all be friends.

• Haha 2