State of the Roads

Passing Time

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

You should see what they've done on the Mt Murray backroad! 

Between the New Ctown Road and the Estate/hotel, there is a section where the top inch has completely separated from a 10 meter section of road.  They filled it with something a year ago, which has all peeled out.  Then last week they sprayed some tar on it and covered it with gravel, which has now also all come out.   I could literally do a better job just using my penis. 

Knowing the hotel hosts quite a few car events in addition to general tourists, I can only imagine what the guests think. 

There is also a big portion by between the golf club and the farm that has pretty much completely disintegrated and has been doing for the last few years.  Honestly it's a bit sketchy even on a mountain bike! 

@Stu Peters reports they are planning on re-doing the whole thing properly soon though. 

that made me lol, many thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

However many of the 75 countries I've visited are third world countries and in many of them I've seen better roads.  But as noted, they've either been built by the Chinese or are for the purpose of allowing easy access for tanks into shanty towns. 

So why are the roads into Mount Murray so poor?

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Actually a good question would be why the 'quick fixes' are so poor, even on areas that aren't so heavily used.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

See the geniuses in the DoI are closing the Mountain Road and Glen Helen at the same time. Must have the sacrificial altar of road racing ready for the TV.

Onchan and Peel are going to get quite busy. Wonder if they'll temporarily suspend parking on the alternative routes or totally ignore it.

Just hope no-one has an accident on the coast roads at or near rush hour.

Main road in Onchan for good measure also.

2 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

See the geniuses in the DoI are closing the Mountain Road and Glen Helen at the same time. Must have the sacrificial altar of road racing ready for the TV.

Onchan and Peel are going to get quite busy. Wonder if they'll temporarily suspend parking on the alternative routes or totally ignore it.

Do you mean you care about the welfare of the people involved or that they might hold you up?

3 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Well they’re mostly only going to Ramsey’& north & no one’s bothered about them!

Just now, Passing Time said:

Three day after reporting the potholes still nothing done. So much for crazy Dave’s predictions 😂😂😂

Can you screen shot the email confirmation you got when you reported it?

Its easy enough to take out anything identifying.

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

Those are literally the only identifying bits in the whole email.

Anyone who does work for DOI and has access to that system now knows exactly who you are 😂

Other than you, who gives a flying toss 

• Haha 1