New cargo shipping route?

CrazyDave

Mmmmm

This could be worth keeping an eye on.

“Fox Group are delighted to announce today that they have reached an agreement with Associated British Ports for the acquisition of its ports in Fleetwood and Silloth. 

Fox Jackson Ports established for the acquisition, is part of Fox Group.

Fox Group have identified ports and maritime as an attractive opportunity to further develop and strengthen their business strategy. Acquisition of the ports will enable a continued sustainable growth trajectory.

You can read the full press release here:
https://foxjacksonports.co.uk/press-release/“

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Mmmmm

This could be worth keeping an eye on.

“Fox Group are delighted to announce today that they have reached an agreement with Associated British Ports for the acquisition of its ports in Fleetwood and Silloth. 

Fox Jackson Ports established for the acquisition, is part of Fox Group.

Fox Group have identified ports and maritime as an attractive opportunity to further develop and strengthen their business strategy. Acquisition of the ports will enable a continued sustainable growth trajectory.

You can read the full press release here:
https://foxjacksonports.co.uk/press-release/“

URL has a dangling ", this is the correct URL.

• Like 1

OK, Fleetwood is silted up and has no freight, or passenger, facilities at all. It’s been bought for what the new owners can use the land for. Mini docklands, Liverpool or Salford docks or Dumplington. However given how depressed Fleetwood is, and how crap the road connection is, can’t see any ferry service, any time soon.

Siloth, lift on lift off, bit like Mezeron and Glasson. But the road infrastructure to the M6/A74(M) at Carlisle is worse than Glasson to Lancaster, and it’s a much longer sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

OK, Fleetwood is silted up and has no freight, or passenger, facilities at all. It’s been bought for what the new owners can use the land for. Mini docklands, Liverpool or Salford docks or Dumplington. However given how depressed Fleetwood is, and how crap the road connection is, can’t see any ferry service, any time soon.

Siloth, lift on lift off, bit like Mezeron and Glasson. But the road infrastructure to the M6/A74(M) at Carlisle is worse than Glasson to Lancaster, and it’s a much longer sail.

And ?

We are talking freight  options to the island.

The group have obviously identified the island as somewhere they want to do very aggressive business and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this develop into further freight options into Ramsey.

Edited by CrazyDave

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

We are talking freight  options to the island

So was I.

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

The group have obviously identified the island as somewhere they want to do very aggressive business and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this develop into further freight options into Ramsey.

Where do you get that from? They already provide stevedore services at Glasson. But wanting to do aggressive business with IoM?

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

So was I.

Where do you get that from? They already provide stevedore services at Glasson. But wanting to do aggressive business with IoM?

They are already on the island and have been for about a year.  They are very aggressively running an outfit locally that is pricing existing businesses out of the market.

They have premises right on the dock at Ramsey, and are a big customer of Mezeron.

Paul Fox, the main man, came to the Royal Show very discretely last year by landing his helicopter in the field at Knockaloe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

And ?

We are talking freight  options to the island.

I would have thought the main market would be the island of Ireland not IOM, if anything.

They'd have to have a couple of dredgers working 365 to keep any part of the port open.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Come on John. Dave's replaced Barrie as the forum expert on fucking everything.

No one could replace Barrie. 

Wonder what Dave’s convenience cleaning experience is?

7 hours ago, piebaps said:

Come on John. Dave's replaced Barrie as the forum expert on fucking everything.

I have already explained where I got it from.

They are very aggressively doing business here and have obviously identified the island as being of some benefit to them.

• Haha 1