NSC Pool!

Bill1977

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Left it to rot for years without doing hardly any maintenance. Even turned down an offer from the RAF who were still based at Jurby to do it for them.

Ultimately it's the public which are paying for the current renovation through donations, and let's face it, if were left up to the government it would still be rotting now.

If not a tacit effort to remove it altogether, starting with with the removal of the wooden berthing head in 1991 and subsequent demolition of other structural features.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Have never and will never work for government.  On my kjds lives 

Dave or whoever you are today  just a little memory check for you, a couple of weeks ago you told us how wonderful the Treasury tendering system was the greatest thing since sliced bread and that you got loads of work when I asked about jobs completed on time and on budget and now you do not work or never haved worked for Government either you are a Government shill or a first class bullshitter or perhaps both!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It makes you wonder what they knew about tiling in 1991 that we didn't know in 2018.

in 1991 they had the money to do a better job.

43 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Dave or whoever you are today  just a little memory check for you, a couple of weeks ago you told us how wonderful the Treasury tendering system was the greatest thing since sliced bread and that you got loads of work when I asked about jobs completed on time and on budget and now you do not work or never haved worked for Government either you are a Government shill or a first class bullshitter or perhaps both!

What?

I never said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I just pointed out that allegations that the process was corrupt were complete none.  Anyone with  a brain can see that’s true in a world of FOI, social media and more public scrutiny than has ever been before.

How you think that statement disqualifies the one that I have never worked for government is beyond me.  Are you having a weekend on drugs that impact your ability to understand stuff?

12 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Interesting also to note that the original tiles lasted almost 30 years without breaking, but barely 5 years after a multi-million pound refurbishment, a good chunk of the pool is closed because of cracked (new) tiles.

It makes you wonder what they knew about tiling in 1991 that we didn't know in 2018.

Ofcourse as ever there will be no comebacks on any of the suppliers or contractors who will continue to revel in lucrative government work.

The increasingly impoverished taxpayer will be left to foot the bill, like we were with the flumes, the Liverpool ferry terminal, Richmond Hill, the Prom, Douglas Harbour, the Queens Pier, Ronaldsway runway extension and endless other government jobs which have gone spectacularly wrong.

Was the pool completely retiled? 🤔 

Some of it looks quite old.

2 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Or just an attention-seeking bore

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

What?

I never said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I just pointed out that allegations that the process was corrupt were complete none.  Anyone with  a brain can see that’s true in a world of FOI, social media and more public scrutiny than has ever been before.

Anyone with a brain can see that it's sadly lacking. Why else would the government have paid £2.4 million to create the can of worms the NSC has been since 2018?

Think the spruce up in 2018 was due more to the people awarding the contract and lack of due diligence. I can bet not one of the civil service has ever laid a tile nor been on a work site, there are also no government clerk of works to over see and pass works as up to spec

• Like 2