To pee or not to pee

WTF do these little scroats do when they're taking a flight.  You might be talking 45 minutes in total when you factor in the queue at the departure gate and then taxi & take off (particularly somewhere like Gatwick or one of the holiday airports abroad). Can't go to the toilet then - but the little ferral gits can manage it then

4 hours ago, HeliX said:

A kid in my year wet himself because the teacher wouldn't let him go to the toilet.

And that day he learnt a very important lesson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Lots of experts on here who (apparently) know what school kids do in the school toilets - but does anybody work in a school?

Does anybody on this thread have any stats on what actual percentage of kids are skiving off to vape/use their phone/whatever?

Because otherwise, it’s coming off like Statler & Waldorf moaning on about the stereotype of “the kids these days”.

So what happens is when a child goes to the toilet it is logged on the teachers computer, also lateness for lesson. Simple stats are collated and will tell you extent the kids are taking the piss. Which they are..

I think the Head needn’t to send a letter home to parents this should have been internally instructed with a full school assembly and to reiterate the point of toilet breaks. 
Kids spend their entire break times and dinner times sitting in the toilets, 3 or 4 to a cubicle. Vaping, skiving. Girls for some odd reason spend the time in the cublcles eating their lunch. Teachers are forever wasting time chasing kids out of toilets. 

furthermore I really don’t understand the clamour that the Dept need to get involved. The reason you have a Headmaster is to administer the school so let him get on with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

So what happens is when a child goes to the toilet it is logged on the teachers computer, also lateness for lesson. Simple stats are collated and will tell you extent the kids are taking the piss. Which they are..

I think the Head needn’t to send a letter home to parents this should have been internally instructed with a full school assembly and to reiterate the point of toilet breaks. 
Kids spend their entire break times and dinner times sitting in the toilets, 3 or 4 to a cubicle. Vaping, skiving. Girls for some odd reason spend the time in the cublcles eating their lunch. Teachers are forever wasting time chasing kids out of toilets. 

furthermore I really don’t understand the clamour that the Dept need to get involved. The reason you have a Headmaster is to administer the school so let him get on with it. 

I don't think there's an indoor venue on the IoM that would accommodate a full school assembly for Balla or St Nins :)

50 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

I don't think there's an indoor venue on the IoM that would accommodate a full school assembly for Balla or St Nins :)

I think you have completely missed the point

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Kids spend their entire break times and dinner times sitting in the toilets, 3 or 4 to a cubicle. Vaping, skiving. Girls for some odd reason spend the time in the cublcles eating their lunch.

Genuine question: how do you know?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Banker said:

Lots of those parents whose kids are causing problems don’t care about what they do, many have lots of addiction issues and don’t work. The parents quite often have been brought up in similar circumstances.

Its a result of social deprivation although sometimes by sense of entitlement by parents & children 

FFS Mr Farage

You want to see the kids down here in Essex mate.

They don't ask to go to the toilet, the just piss on the teachers*

*when the teachers are not striking or on their long, long holidays.......or off work with "Long Covid"

I am sure you will approve of that .

Edited by Blade Runner

8 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Lots of experts on here who (apparently) know what school kids do in the school toilets - but does anybody work in a school?

Does anybody on this thread have any stats on what actual percentage of kids are skiving off to vape/use their phone/whatever?

Because otherwise, it’s coming off like Statler & Waldorf moaning on about the stereotype of “the kids these days”.

Take a day off from being a prick and just observe what’s happening around the island. Kids going through the shopping streets effing and jeffing regardless of who is around. Mindless vandalism, excessive bullying in schools and now a 12 year old knifing another child. Strict discipline administered in schools is long overdue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Genuine question: how do you know?

Sounds exactly how my daughter (yr11) describes the use of toilets in school. Too many pupils vaping and not letting people who need to use the facilities use them. Headmaster sound sensible to me. 

As usual though it's the disruptive students who spoil it for those that do behave.

• Like 5