The easy option

2 minutes ago, littlebushy said:

Are you really attempting to out exclamation mark him??????????

You've only been here a couple of years!!! What do you know about my !!!!!!!! marks???? What were you called before????

Jarndyce, ''hand my badge in''? I always thought you were NHS, that seemed to be to stance that you took.

Are you ex police? Are you offended by my remarks about early retirement? Not unusual in the police, not many opportunities for PI's, security roles in Tesco or Bank fromt desks perhaps but it is the way of the World?

I don't think there is much doubt that early retirers take other jobs, just look at the presenters on Classic FM!!!

Is it good or bad? Does it take up jobs?  Does it keep the taxes flowing?

17 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

OK - so what?   You still get less pension if you retire early compared with working on - wasn’t that what generic had an issue with, “retiring early on a big pension”?   Its not a big pension if you retire early, not for most.

Its bigger than most people’s pension, even if a civil servant elects to take it ten years early.

The difference between a civil servants retirement and that of someone in the private sector for the same contributions is vast.  The only people who can’t see or accept that are those who work for government 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Trumpton Fire Brigade said:

Ha ha ha ha. What a fucking liar.

That's your wife speaking Jarndyce!!!!!!!

Thanks for the debate, we can agree to agree with me!

I'm 75 years young, I'm off to bed now, dont expect a response too early!!!

Edited by Kopek

I like this section now included on the tax return form.

"If you have declared very little or no income on this return it would be helpful if you could explain how you have met your living expenses during the year; ie if you have been supported by family, lived off savings or if you have drawn funds from a company you are connected to."

"Living like a church mouse because Govt has extracted all my disposable income to pay for its endless fuck ups and the salaries and pension entitlements of growing numbers of fat arsed, superfluous civil servants"...

Sounds like an accurate and reasonable response.

20240416_131530.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1