I feel like Sarah Maltby is insufficiently criticised and she obscures her lack of skill through a rather excessive “care bear/put the kettle on” political style.

hunter

8 minutes ago, Middle Port said:

No I quite like Sarah Maltby and it’s actually far more fun uncovering all your forum data theft, GDPR avoiding, exposing your pretend legal advice and lengths you go to in order to hide behind bogus gateways to being accountable for anything.

https://portsoderickherald.wordpress.com/2024/01/18/i-wish-to-register-a-complaint-iii/

https://portsoderickherald.wordpress.com/2023/11/20/i-wish-to-register-a-complaint-ii/

https://portsoderickherald.wordpress.com/2023/11/04/not-so-free-speech/

I also do like the new delay the mods have installed on the forum which blocks new posts for 10 minutes before they’re viewable to not registered members so you can delete stuff you don’t like. A clear and verifiable measure that you are content editors and 100% responsible for all that’s posted on here. Hopefully you’ll get sued soon. How are your conversations with Claire Christian going? 

Calm down David - I didn't know @John Wright offered pretend advice?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Saying she’s “insufficient criticised” is a damning criticism of her critics. 

Out of interest, which MHKs are sufficiently criticised?  

Anytime Joney opens her mouth about Gaza she gets sufficiently criticised.

Anytime Alf does anything he gets sufficiently criticised.

Anytime any MHK takes a side on a contentious issue, or does something instead of focusing on "more pressing issues", they get sufficiently criticised.

Sarah takes no sides on any debates, and isn't in CoMIN, so she therefore avoids criticism.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hunter said:

Apologies to the regulars who feel like I have violated the sanctity of the ManxForums code of conduct.

I didn't realise that this forum is opposed to criticism of politicians.

There is a "code of conduct" that runs in general life too, about not being an utter dick.

The other problem of course, is when someone is apparently a newbie and starts getting personal behind an anonymous name. We've not had a chance to 'tab' you yet to find out who you are IRL.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Barlow said:

There is a "code of conduct" that runs in general life too, about not being an utter dick.

The other problem of course, is when someone is apparently a newbie and starts getting personal behind an anonymous name. We've not had a chance to 'tab' you yet to find out who you are IRL.

As you said, I'm a newbie and thus was unaware of the "not being an utter dick" policy on ManxForums.

I'm not getting personal, I'm criticising her public posture as a politician. Anonymity is a core part of MF, should all critics of MHK's de-anonymise before posting?

9 hours ago, hunter said:

I'm not getting personal, I'm criticising her public posture as a politician. 

Misogyny has been entrenched in society for so long that when the attitudes began to reform, good intentions occasionally swung too far in the ‘mollycoddling’ direction. Nevertheless, I agree that the difference between criticising and harassing is a fine line.

Ever since the Greeks have invented democracy, satire has been an essential attribute of the free speech. In Britain, mocking the powerful, especially political elites, has been an indelible fixture of British culture for centuries. To now drop that splendid tradition and to instead excuse incompetent politicians (both male and female), by saying things like “it’s a difficult job they have to do, …. blah, blah, blah” would be a travesty. The public must maintain the right to criticise their politicians, but not the right to verbally and physically harass them.

The IOM political system is particularly flawed by a design that enables mediocre opportunists to get into power and then effectively absolve themselves of accountability and responsibility. The Island faces difficult challenges, if some our politicians are not up to the job then we should not pretend that they are. Until the public finally gets to grips with this fundamental problem, we will continue to elect individuals with limited abilities and skills who are making decisions (on our behalf), which are not necessarily in the best interests of the Island. 

• Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

I agree - I think she was in Treasury, and is now in DFE and DESC - I don’t think she’s been a member of DEFA?

give it a few weeks or months, she's catching up with 'where can we hide him' callister.