I feel like Sarah Maltby is insufficiently criticised and she obscures her lack of skill through a rather excessive “care bear/put the kettle on” political style.

hunter

6 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I didn't know she was in DEFA. I thought she was in Department fo Education, Sport and Culture.

She isn't.  The BBC text says:

That ruling was backed by member of the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture (DEFA) Sarah Maltby MHK.

Ms Maltby was given delegated responsibility for the determination of the appeal on behalf of the DEFA minister.

I suspect she's been delegated the power and possibly made a temporary member of DEFA as Barber may have been conflicted in some way (possibly by having made previous decisions) and the same might apply to August-Hanson, who is the only other Departmental Member at the moment.

In such a case it will be a purely formal decision following officers' advice and the Committee.

There is no reason to pick her out, particularly. She represents a common theme in Keys candidates. Having no particular views or convictions; no record of achieving anything significant in previous life; a desire to be part of the Tynwald club; being generally unchallenging, these are all traits shared by many of our elected. It’s what the system generates and our political apathy selects and will keep doing so until the Island hits the crisis that demands something different. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1