Barbary Coast outside seating !

WTF

32 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Went past there tonight at 8-pm  all barricaded off with tables and forms outside , NO BODY sitting out there    car park opposite full as was the old bus station car park  ,so someone please tell me where do disabled people park and what authority  does anybody in the Corporation  councillor or otherwise , have powers to   rescind disabled parking spaces without providing the statutory notices in the media  or elsewhere 

Why do you think it has something to do with the Council? If it's parking spaces, that's Government, as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Same places as able bodied people, I guess.

Sorry Gladys I think I have not explained very well. There are loads of parking places for both. I am sure that the limit finishes at 8pm. I get that disabled parking spaces are to enable those that need it to be able to access the area. That's a good thing. But after 8pm it's not an issue for either those that are able bodied and those that are not. 

It makes be really angry when people park in disabled spaces. But there comes a time when those spaces marked as 'disabled' are no longer needed. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Sorry Gladys I think I have not explained very well. There are loads of parking places for both. I am sure that the limit finishes at 8pm. I get that disabled parking spaces are to enable those that need it to be able to access the area. That's a good thing. But after 8pm it's not an issue for either those that are able bodied and those that are not. 

It makes be really angry when people park in disabled spaces. But there comes a time when those spaces marked as 'disabled' are no longer needed. 

Yes, but that time is when everybody else has gone home too. A bit like taxi drivers who swoop on the three disabled spaces outside Colebournes at 6pm every night. There are still places to go at that time, but the parking controllers have gone home! 

Just because people are disabled doesn't mean that they can't have a life.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Like when the disability gets better

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

And?

Do you understand English? It's a question!

The question was answered - the same places able bodied people are going.

Disabled bays are disabled bays regardless of time usually.

I've had no end of conversations with taxi drivers that can't understand simple road signs outside Colebourns - they always claim that it isn't a disabled bay after 6pm but that's only the expiry of the time limited disc parking not the disabled restriction.

You're not a taxi driver are you? Or just hard of understanding?

Edited by yorik
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yorik said:

The question was answered - the same places able bodied people are going.

Disabled bays are disabled bays regardless of time usually.

I've had no end of conversations with taxi drivers that can't understand simple road signs outside Colebourns - they always claim that it isn't a disabled bay after 6pm but that's only the expiry of the time limited disc parking not the disabled restriction.

You're not a taxi driver are you? Or just hard of understanding?

The question was answered......after I asked it. My rationale was that they would only park there if going to Barbary coast perhaps. But generally parking is easier for everyone after a certain time and suggesting perhaps that the disabled spaces would be free at that time. Just asking

PS. I'm on till 9 today.

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

...suggesting perhaps that the disabled spaces would be free at that time. Just asking

PS. I'm on till 9 today.

They're going to wheel the outside tables away?