Sick note culture

Banker

12 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I hate working from home, but if people want to work from home then there’s some instant savings on office space. The rents on some of the rented office space government are still using can’t be cheap. Imagine if we can get rid of 30% of it.

The ones who bitch about working from home tend to be the ones who have investments in commercial office space. Wonder why they might hate working from home?

I also personally hate WFH.  I'm too easily distracted.  Our office allows two days WFH.  Interestingly there are no men that take up the offer.  Read into that what you will. 

In addition to all the commercial property landlords that would miss out if everyone WFH'd you also got to consider places like sandwich shops and the like that will all miss out on custom.  

15 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Our office allows two days WFH.  Interestingly there are no men that take up the offer.  Read into that what you will.  

I manage a support team of 10 men, 1 works from home full time and 5 more make use of flexible WFH.

All of them regularly hit their KPIs and it makes for a good working environment.

Granted "we" own the building so not a landlord problem, and the two butty vans that appear on the industrial estate each day seem to be doing just fine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Must work in tax office or social services then, can’t raise them before 9.30 normally.

More untrue claims I see - like your ability to be able to identify benefit claimants🤣

image.png.bb9bf67969fc1535aac322dcf8a857b6.png

On 7/31/2024 at 1:19 PM, Banker said:

Try calling at 9 !

Well I have rung them on a few occasions ( can’t remember if was pre or post 9.30)

However had always had a good response. Ok a little bit of press 1 for this, or 2 for that, which is fine and probably helps getting your query answered.

But don’t recall getting a recording saying “ look on our website for FAQ’s which will help you” or being put on hold for eternity.

And if you do choose to go on the website being engaged  with some “ chatbot” who is absolutely useless.

So from my experience interaction with the tax office is absolutely fine

• Like 1

Well there's some people at least who seem to work all hours.  The IOM Newspapers' article was posted (presumably automatically) at 7.01am in the morning and within the hour no fewer than seven commenters had managed to leave angry message.  All with different names but an oddly similar posting style.

I see that the website now seems to have stopped allowing comments on articles.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:41 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I have rung them on a few occasions ( can’t remember if was pre or post 9.30)

However had always had a good response. Ok a little bit of press 1 for this, or 2 for that, which is fine and probably helps getting your query answered.

But don’t recall getting a recording saying “ look on our website for FAQ’s which will help you” or being put on hold for eternity.

And if you do choose to go on the website being engaged  with some “ chatbot” who is absolutely useless.

So from my experience interaction with the tax office is absolutely fine

I'm guessing you're rich.

3 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I'm guessing you're rich.

I would describe myself not as rich,  but as relatively comfortable (as you would hope to be after working hard for 40 or 50 years of your life)

How an  automated telephonic system can assess the extent of my wealth any more than your own guessing I don’t know 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I would describe myself not as rich,  but as relatively comfortable (as you would hope to be after working hard for 40 or 50 years of your life)

How an  automated telephonic system can assess the extent of my wealth any more than your own guessing I don’t know 

It wasn't the automated telephone system I was referring to.

6 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok, May I ask what prompted you to guess that I am rich?

You said your interactions with the tax office we always fine. 

I'm poor and, along with lots of other poor I know, interactions with the tax office are almost always costly and frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, they're helpful and polite, but they leave you in no doubt that you're at the wrong of the income scale to expect anything but clinical adherence to the rules and the spirit in which they were made.

• Like 1