Sick note culture

Banker

39 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You said your interactions with the tax office we always fine. 

I'm poor and, along with lots of other poor I know, interactions with the tax office are almost always costly and frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, they're helpful and polite, but they leave you in no doubt that you're at the wrong of the income scale to expect anything but clinical adherence to the rules and the spirit in which they were made.

Ah right.

My interactions with them are largely of a generic nature ( eg do I have to declare this income? etc) I’m not sure in such cases I even supply my name, certainly no specific details.

As you say they are helpful and polite and I guess due to the nature of the job they have to expect clinical adherence to the rules. They have no discretion.Whether you have evidence to the contrary due to the size of your wallet I wouldn't know.
Anyway hopefully you will enjoy a more satisfactory relationship in the future.

I certainly wouldn’t expect someone in my financial position to receive preferential treatment!

Just as an aside, in my working career I had a fair amount of interaction with Customs and Excise, and always found them to be equally polite and helpful.

• Like 1