Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

And on to the whataboutery.

I think perhaps you need to Google the meaning of the word most and try again.

I believe some people identify as cats, it doesn't mean we all have to shit in next doors garden.

But nobody has to pay  22 percent just because they have a second job.  Not a single one

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I believe some people identify as cats, it doesn't mean we all have to shit in next doors garden.

But nobody has to pay  22 percent just because they have a second job.  Not a single one

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

It has crossed my mind that the onus on the vat home survey and the many noises about budgets from government is derived from Westminster suggesting that our share is going to be reduced again.

Would it be past our shower to be playing with abrogation of the 20% agreement and then impose a 25% - 30% GST....?!!

As for fanciful projections....we're world leaders in that.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's pointless trying to explain. 

It really is. I mean, you're even right in a way. Second jobs aren't actually taxed at 22% as such.

But in a majority of cases, a second job will mean that you pay more income tax, and in most cases the increase in your income tax will be equal to 22% of your earnings in your second job.

Which amounts to the same bloody thing.

The London underground map is the best analogy I can think of with this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

So you earn more money, you pay more tax. Unless you earn so much, your tax rate maxes out.

I think we owe it to ourselves to do everything in our power to minimise the amount of tax we give to these cretins to squander.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It really is. I mean, you're even right in a way. Second jobs aren't actually taxed at 22% as such.

But in a majority of cases, a second job will mean that you pay more income tax, and in most cases the increase in your income tax will be equal to 22% of your earnings in your second job.

Which amounts to the same bloody thing.

The London underground map is the best analogy I can think of with this.

You are totally wrong. You pay tax on your gross earnings and everyone pays on the same basis regardless of how many jobs they have. 

You are proving @Gladys right by not understanding this basic concept. Yes, some people might overpay/underpay in any given financial year and it's difficult to not do this, but in the end it all balances out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You are totally wrong. You pay tax on your gross earnings and everyone pays on the same basis regardless of how many jobs they have. 

You are proving @Gladys right by not understanding this basic concept. Yes, some people might overpay/underpay in any given financial year and it's difficult to not do this, but in the end it all balances out. 

And then they send you a begging letter for more!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You're totally missing the point, like totally.

Read what I've written.

• Haha 1

I suppose this is a little off-topic, but the IoM could create some firsts here. The restaurants and pubs would be full:

Manx Kippers - Now Made With 25% Recycled Plastic.

Manx Beer - Now Made With 25% Recycled Plastic.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_21-27-02.png.a46fe14c1af2c2ce7323fc0c32e8750c.png

• Haha 2