Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it’s not a begging letter.

It’s asking for the balance of any tax due owing on the amount you have earnt, or income received.Not a difficult concept to grasp I would have thought.

The word grasp is very appropriate!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

All of it. Try to read it as if you were not the one who wrote it. 

Ok, I'll do my best to simplify it for you.

It may not be true that you pay 22% income tax on a second job. But if your income tax goes up when you take a second job, by 22% of what you earn in your second job, then it amounts to the same thing.

Is that any better for you?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Ok, I'll do my best to simplify it for you.

It may not be true that you pay 22% income tax on a second job. But if your income tax goes up when you take a second job, by 22% of what you earn in your second job, then it amounts to the same thing.

Is that any better for you?

So, should a second job be tax free or have a second full personal allowance applied to your earnings from it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

So, should a second job be tax free or have a second full personal allowance applied to your earnings from it? 

No, I don't think so. I can't see that working, or the need for it tbh. I think there should be more tax brackets and I think the personal allowance should rise with inflation every year.

I just think it's disingenuous of government to put so much effort into addressing a misconception which, in many cases, is not a misconception at all.

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Possibly one of the biggest factors in the decline of hospitality on island is H&B. Places like Peel with no H&B pubs seem to always be busy 

They can still impact the free houses who are "economically obliged" to get stock from them. Standard stuff like Carling that can be bought for £2.75 a pint in the UK is touching £5 a pint by the time H&B have got it here and sold it on.

I've seen posters on here describing H&B as having a superb business model. Yes, if you want to drive it into the ground in favour of haulage and convenience stores.

• Like 1