Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

2 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

if people disagree with something or see it as factually incorrect they will normally respond

Some on here might see your obsessive desire to 'bait' and 'flame' on every thread and to use the good works of the Samaritans, denigrate the poor and mentally distressed as..................

Distasteful.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Some on here might see your obsessive desire to 'bait' and 'flame' on every thread and to use the good works of the Samaritans, denigrate the poor and mentally distressed as..................

Distasteful.

Pardon?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I think the "interim" minimum wage proposals are only due to go before Tynwald in July, I don't think they've even been voted on as yet?

It’s been approved now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqeel8l64d2o

So there will be even more high rate minimum wage workers after July unless they want to cut their hours.

Edited by FANDL
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile Professor Dr David Ashford MBE MHK, the great know it all has added his thoughts on hospitality to the NPM - 

The hospitality sector on the Island needs to be 'bigger and better' to keep younger people here, according to one MHK.

Earlier this week, government outlined a plan for support of the industry as part of efforts to support the local economy.

It's after a number of businesses voiced concerns about the current climate.

Douglas North MHK David Ashford says we'll never attract and keep young people on the Island without a thriving hospitality sector:

Mr Ashford has previously declared interest in a hospitality business on the Island.

On the one hand he is giving his views and opinions, but yet he was part of the establishment, intent on hammering such businesses.

Edited by 2112

47 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Meanwhile Professor Dr David Ashford MBE MHK, the great know it all has added his thoughts on hospitality to the NPM - 

The hospitality sector on the Island needs to be 'bigger and better' to keep younger people here, according to one MHK.

Earlier this week, government outlined a plan for support of the industry as part of efforts to support the local economy.

It's after a number of businesses voiced concerns about the current climate.

Douglas North MHK David Ashford says we'll never attract and keep young people on the Island without a thriving hospitality sector:

Mr Ashford has previously declared interest in a hospitality business on the Island.

On the one hand he is giving his views and opinions, but yet he was part of the establishment, intent on hammering such businesses.

I'm no fan of Ashford, but what about his comments here are wrong? 

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

You are going to have to explain this one very simply because I really don’t see the issue

Sadly you don’t appear to warrant any form of serious reply. 

2 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Sadly you don’t appear to warrant any form of serious reply. 

I am seriously interested, because your comment about people cutting back hours would strongly suggest that you don’t understand how the tax works.

Why would anyone cut their hours?

12 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

I am a bit taken back by people finding it funny that someone had a period in their life where they were so up against it that they relied on charity for a short time to be honest.

There are a number of local charities that were very good to me at that time (all have been paid back, and then some now I am back on my feet) but life stuff can happen to anyone at anytime.  I assume those who find it a source of amusement are lucky enough never to have had a low point in their lives?

Anyway.  Let me tell you that with the help of others you can come back better and stronger than you were before and with a level of empathy and understanding for others misfortune that seems to be sadly lacking among some on here.

I would start a thread about the great work some of these charities do and some of the work I now do with and for them, but all the usual idiots would just make it a waste of time.

Give it a rest you balloon knot…

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cyril Servant said:

Why would anyone discuss anything with a clear mental? 

Says the man, from offshore, who hangs around here and every couple of days opens another new account to track down all my posts and reply to them.

Many Twitter followers yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking to someone in hospitality yesterday, he said his gas bill had quadrupled. With wholesale gas prices bouncing around their 25 year low, maybe the government could have a word with the local suppliers and tell them to give yheir head a wobble.

IMG_0329.png

31 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Speaking to someone in hospitality yesterday, he said his gas bill had quadrupled. With wholesale gas prices bouncing around their 25 year low, maybe the government could have a word with the local suppliers and tell them to give yheir head a wobble.

IMG_0329.png

Given it’s the government who sell the gas to Island Energy perhaps government could give their own heads a wobble.

Plus CURA, the gas regulator, ( government ), actually set the price. I suppose it’ll depend when they bought, how far ahead, to fix prices and what mix they have.

43 minutes ago, Cambon said:

IMG_0329.png

Not sure how as gas prices have reduced to all consumers here with CURA monitoring closely. It would be interesting to know what periods the person is comparing 

On 5/26/2024 at 6:43 PM, jackwhite said:

I'm no fan of Ashford, but what about his comments here are wrong? 

Nothing, just that it’s the default position on here  that he is really an idiot or a lot worse.

Anyone who deviates from that position is to somehow be accused of having homo erotic fantasies about him. It’s bizarre.