Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

Ashford is a tory. Read tory books, loves Thatcher...even tried to write a tory book himself. Stood as a tory previously.

He's a career politician...because he can't do anything else...to the same depth.

Understand that, and his business interests and associates...and you begin to understand him.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Ashford is a tory. Read tory books, loves Thatcher...even tried to write a tory book himself. Stood as a tory previously.

He's a career politician...because he can't do anything else...to the same depth.

Understand that, and his business interests and associates...and you begin to understand him.

Well I’m not a natural Tory myself, but he came across quite well on the Mannin line the other day discussing housing issues,

He made clear his opposition to selling existing social housing stock.
Not quite a Tory/ Thatcherite position I would suggest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I’m not a natural Tory myself, but he came across quite well on the Mannin line the other day discussing housing issues,

He made clear his opposition to selling existing social housing stock.
Not quite a Tory/ Thatcherite position I would suggest.

If he wants to do something positive then get rid of all local housing authorities and put them all under one collective umbrella. Too much nepotism in local authorities

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into Ramsey yesterday and was surprised to see no parking cones all along North Shore Road. Guy who owns the boathouse cafe losing trade because of this. Seems it was one of the vociferous LVA members who organised this fiasco. Hope he’s feeling pleased with himself 

46 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Popped into Ramsey yesterday and was surprised to see no parking cones all along North Shore Road. Guy who owns the boathouse cafe losing trade because of this. Seems it was one of the vociferous LVA members who organised this fiasco. Hope he’s feeling pleased with himself 

The sprint was on.  There was free parking for thousands of vehicles if needed in the park and on the prom.

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Losing trade on sprint day, yeah, good one.

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Just went to the terrace chippy got a child's chips with curry sauce and a coffee. £8.50 prices are shocking

Why did they think you were a child? Had they read your posts on here?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Just went to the terrace chippy got a child's chips with curry sauce and a coffee. £8.50 prices are shocking

That's incredible. The chippy in Onchan precinct doesn't even charge that for a kids meal with delivery. 

Edited by Ivy
spelling. Always the spelling.

18 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

You can order a normal chips and curry sauce for £5.30 online for delivery. They don't have kids chips and curry sauce on the menu but kids chips and cheese is £5.10. Coffee must have been just over £3 then which seems steep for a chippy. Sure you weren't overcharged?