Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

2 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

No idea.  They have twelve quid of my money, and won’t be getting any more.

I generally defend the brewery and the actual meals going out there looked velvety good, but £12 for that is an absolute piss take.  It was also £5.50 for a pint, which seems to be more than other brewery pubs.

I don’t mind paying for good food, but charging £17.50 for that and a pint is a joke.

They didn’t see you coming, they sent for you 😂😂😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

I wonder why some places struggle.

Who want to guess how much this cost?  Those are normal sized olives.

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

Was the bread actually served like that? 

If people are prepared to actually pay £12 for that, and prepared to pay high alcohol drinks prices, suggests that in some cases, consumers have more money than sense, and are there to be taken advantage of. Was that a starter or a main course?

10 hours ago, Passing Time said:

They didn’t see you coming, they sent for you 😂😂😂

Plenty of gullible and mug punters. I would say that in some cases, when people go into restaurants/pubs/cafes etc, they may be hungry, they may be entertaining clients etc, and in the absence of pictures on the menu, but maybe a description of the food, it’s difficult to gauge what the food is going to be like.  Unless the establishment, has a fantastic reputation for value and quality. 

19 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

So we see at least part of the reason why the brewery's pub trade is in decline.

Yet only a couple of years ago, poster @Terry Fuchwit used to reckon that the brewery had a superb business model...

They are single handedly damaging the hospitality industry, although I know a lot people now who do go out avoid brewery pubs at all cost 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

Plenty of gullible and mug punters. I would say that in some cases, when people go into restaurants/pubs/cafes etc, they may be hungry, they may be entertaining clients etc, and in the absence of pictures on the menu, but maybe a description of the food, it’s difficult to gauge what the food is going to be like.  Unless the establishment, has a fantastic reputation for value and quality. 

Sounds pretty much like Crazy Dave loves moaning on here but baulks at the prospect of dealing with real people face to face. If that had been presented to me at that price I'd have just walked out and told them why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Sounds pretty much like Crazy Dave loves moaning on here but baulks at the prospect of dealing with real people face to face. If that had been presented to me at that price I'd have just walked out and told them why.

The second picture looks like what you would put out for the birds. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Not sure who you are talking about, but as the person who paid for that (for his wife) I can tell you I spoke to the manager and gave him my feedback on that particular “dish”

I also told him how good the meals we had in there the week before were, and that although they were a bit more than you might pay elsewhere I thought they were decent value as the quality was better than other places.

I also find the service from the bar staff in there good (even though the prices are high), but the manager can be a bit “in your face”

Edited by Roger Ram

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The second picture looks like what you would put out for the birds. 

You only invite a certain class of bird into your garden.  Do they have to wear the right clothes?:

Maypole-Bird-Table-1-1024x1024.thumb.webp.0298318b82ddf0ec329e292b3c9a6c3b.webp