Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Was the bread actually served like that? 

If people are prepared to actually pay £12 for that, and prepared to pay high alcohol drinks prices, suggests that in some cases, consumers have more money than sense, and are there to be taken advantage of. Was that a starter or a main course?

The clue was in the word “nibbles”

37 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Clearly a crowd who don’t get out much on here when we have people asking if it starter or main, and others talking about tapas 😂

It’s just that you post that much shite on here, you’re hard to take seriously 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, 12 quid for a 'nibble'is cheap! The girls on the prom are much more expensive!!!

Maybe it comes with chips to make chip butties???

The Pubs used to do a charcuterie board for that sort of price, maybe you just mis-ordered??? Of course, a sharing choice, so half per person. six quid each. What was in the ramikin next to the bread? Caviar???

Ha. Looks like the kitchen porter has had to leg it round to the co-op and get some snacks. 
reminds me of that Biff from the Viking in Castletown who’d, when an order for steak came in he’d jump in his car to shoprite to buy it. 

• 2 months later...

IOMG have trumpeted the announcement of a new quango for hospitality sector. 

Has it been established to shut up criticism from leading hospitality figures, keep them within the tent? It seems that at the sign of any trouble, a new quango is set up, with the great and the good. 

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

IOMG have trumpeted the announcement of a new quango for hospitality sector. 

Has it been established to shut up criticism from leading hospitality figures, keep them within the tent? It seems that at the sign of any trouble, a new quango is set up, with the great and the good. 

Yes I saw they were conducting a consultation/survey within the hospitality sector.  

One question is only required I would imagine and I suspect I know what the answer would be:

Do you want Govt meddling in your business? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Yes I saw they were conducting a consultation/survey within the hospitality sector.  

One question is only required I would imagine and I suspect I know what the answer would be:

Do you want Govt meddling in your business? 

Followed up by “good news, we’ve set up a division to meddle in your business” 

• Like 1