House of Keys Order Paper April 23rd

Moghrey Mie

9 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Mr Ashford asking a lot of questions since becoming a backbencher, he was not as inquisitive as a minister with his feet under the big table.

Aren't they all though? Quiet as mice when they're given ministerial status but after they've resigned or been emptied they suddenly become very industrious with the spades when there are buried bodies to be exposed. Thomas and Edge are two other prominents.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This is the document:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/sto/Documents/2023-PP-0101.pdf

I do not understand what he is getting at with this.

Annex 2 is on page 85 or 94 depending how you count. Standing Order 3.37 is easily found.

Reading that thanks, it is a good job we don't have any real investigative journos (PM excepted) they would be asked to leave at the drop of a hat !

11 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Mr Ashford asking a lot of questions since becoming a backbencher, he was not as inquisitive as a minister with his feet under the big table.

As I've said before the convention is that Ministers don't ask other Ministers questions.  I suppose it's because it makes it look as if they're not on speaking terms outside the Chamber.  But of course asking a question in Tynwald or Keys isn't about finding out for yourself, it's about finding out for the public, so it's a stupid convention, but one they are expected to stick to.  Even though it means that if both your MHKs are Ministers (as in all three Northside constituencies) there's no one to ask for you.  

Hence Moorhouse and recently Ashford asking about anything, including constituency matters in places they don't represent.  Unfortunately Ashford's question too often seem to be designed to show how clever and well-informed he is (they fail) while Moorhouse's are designed to show how many questions he asks (well that succeeds).

Anyway here's the latest league table:

Moorhouse 129
Ashford 78
Thomas 76
Christian 19
Caine 19
Edge 16
Glover 14
Faragher 10
Watterson 8
Wannenburgh 5
Corlett 2
Haywood 2
Maltby 1
Mercer 1

It's not much different to the 2022-23 Session with Moorhouse way ahead (he asked at least four questions every time) and Ashford trailing behind.  There have been 380 questions asked - well ahead of what the pro-rata from last year would have been at this stage.  The difference of course is Thomas, who is snapping at Ashford's heels, though rather more focused.  Although Edge was only sacked a month ago, she's also making up for lost time.  I think Cannan is learning something about tents and urination.

But as striking are the absentees (apart from CoMin).  Nothing from Peters or Smith (again) and again from Callister.  Is he hoping if he's a good boy they'll let him back in CoMin?  Others have pretty low productivity as you can see, though some are more productive with Written Questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

We've not heard much from PM in a year or more.

It's less than that, but his last Facebook post was in November, and from memory the last YouTube was about then as well (it's lost among all the Archive stuff).  He last Tweeted late December when he was in Wellington, New Zealand, so maybe he's hiding away on a sheep farm, fleeing the IOMG hit squad.  It is rather worrying, but being legally gagged seems more likely than being bought off.

11 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

STILL hanging on in there for his point by point rebuttal, now all the court cases and inquiries are complete surely he can not be hiding behind sub justice. Can He, I still will not be holding my breath.

The point by pont rebuttal was to do with Dr Glover, IIRC. Not sure that situation has seen the light of the courts, or was even fully aired at the PAC although, again IIRC, DA said the department's response to her was in their evidence to the committee.   So, I would not be expecting any further on the  point by point rebuttal. 

But point taken.