News embargoes?

finlo

22 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I think Moneyval is only interested in money laundering elements, and nothing else, so unless there are money laundering charges, prosecutions and convictions etc, it won't tick any boxes.

Yeah it will.  I've said a few times they desperately need another Baines in anticipation of Moneyval.

image.png.baf3a7c5548aeac73070b3da8f16988f.png

12 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

News says they have released on bail the folk they arrested?

Isn't there a likelehood of them just disapearing or trying to manipulate possible evidence?

I’d imagine that they would be subject to restrictions on travel and would be required to surrender passports etc.

7 minutes ago, manxkinho said:

required to surrender passports etc.

That's assuming they have them! 😁

There are a couple of other Gaming Firms that are very Asia biased and have imported a significant portion of their staff from there.  I'd imagine they can all expect visits soon. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

There are a couple of other Gaming Firms that are very Asia biased and have imported a significant portion of their staff from there.  I'd imagine they can all expect visits soon. 

Yup, I alluded to this a couple of months ago on the Alf Cannan thread

Screenshot_20240426-101611_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Yup, I alluded to this a couple of months ago on the Alf Cannan thread

Screenshot_20240426-101611_Samsung Internet.jpg

What about if they spend it locally in the suspiciously large Chinese Supermarket in the middle of our main shopping area?

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Or they just leave, like the ones that already have. We're losing licencees to other jurisdictions now, like Anjouan, and I think the IOM glory years are coming to an end very soon.

40 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

News says they have released on bail the folk they arrested?

Isn't there a likelehood of them just disapearing or trying to manipulate possible evidence?

The poilce probably haven’t thought of that.  You should give them a call and give them a heads up 🙄

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

What about if they spend it locally in the suspiciously large Chinese Supermarket in the middle of our main shopping area?

And then where does the Chinese Supermarket send it...?

16 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It was technically incorrect, both companies are registered at Bucks Road.  The 'campus was being built at Victoria Road and I think there are already operations there.  Any raids would presumably be made on both locations (and probably others).

I suspect that some of the reasons for all this may be immigration-related, but whether that is the main driver I don't know.  Either way the Manx Government may not end up looking well out of it in the eyes of the UK.

8 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

The poilce probably haven’t thought of that.  You should give them a call and give them a heads up 🙄

:D

23 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The ‘supermarket’ sells Asian foods, not just for Chinese. The IOM has a large Filipino community, working in the Health Sector, Nobles and Care Homex.