Kung fu referee?

14 minutes ago, Tree Man 88 said:

There was something a bit odd about combi 1 too where the Ramsey Rushen game was abandoned after an injury and the result stood despite the game not being over.

That was a joke. 

On 5/5/2024 at 6:09 PM, keith lard said:

Both Ballafletcher,  St George's,  Rushen, St John's. St Marys. Peel is roped off. Old Boys has a natural barrier with the bank. 

Half the top flight clubs anyway.

I think it’s an FA requirement , St George’s actually I think have a fence made of wood rather than rope. Bit of a bugger that if some clodhopper decides to put his boot trough you - bang right into the wood.  Some others as well. 

On 5/7/2024 at 10:03 PM, swoopy2110 said:

And there you go .. st georges survive, marown relegated.

The abandonment at Corinthians was pretty key in that with time remaining.

At least the FA will have got what they wanted though.

Ah well same Peel v Ayre then 2 teams decide not to bother playing Ayre. It’s a funny old game as Greavsies used to say.

12 hours ago, Anyone said:

I think it’s an FA requirement , St George’s actually I think have a fence made of wood rather than rope. Bit of a bugger that if some clodhopper decides to put his boot trough you - bang right into the wood.  Some others as well. 

It used to be a required for cup games only to have a rope. Might have changed now.

There was a push pre covid to get everything upgraded like this to go to next "step" (5??) But that seems to have gone quiet 

The FA are petty well the junior FA anyway, they have banned parents from going inside the cages at astroturf pitches because some nugget tripped over the chains that hold the goals in place, I was down the bowl the other week watching my kid play bit of sun was on an area just by the steps. I sat on the steps to sit in the sun legs on the astroturf and some bloke in a bib came over told me to move as I wasn't allowed on the pitch. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

The FA are petty well the junior FA anyway, they have banned parents from going inside the cages at astroturf pitches because some nugget tripped over the chains that hold the goals in place, I was down the bowl the other week watching my kid play bit of sun was on an area just by the steps. I sat on the steps to sit in the sun legs on the astroturf and some bloke in a bib came over told me to move as I wasn't allowed on the pitch. 

I thought the keeping parents outside the cage thing was just part of the 3 week respect campaign? 

I would have preferred to keep all parents further away during my time coaching 😀

23 minutes ago, keith lard said:

I thought the keeping parents outside the cage thing was just part of the 3 week respect campaign? 

I would have preferred to keep all parents further away during my time coaching 😀

No it's not unfortunately it's a permanent thing. From the couple of years I have been going down the parents have been respectful, they shout encouragement but I haven't seen anyone that has gone nuts or screaming at kids although I know it does happen I have never witnessed it 

It was temporary. It’ll take a bit more than a couple of weeks of campaigns to change the culture of football though. It’s way worse in the UK, so we are lucky.

Unfortunately the focus on these campaigns by those who run things have meant that some junior tournaments didn’t get finished on the day as they were too busy fussing over who was wearing what badge to actually work out who was supposed to play who and when!