Congratulations Roisin!!

2bees

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

She lives on the Wirral. Have we invaded there? 😀

Jeez, Albert!   I understand the general tone of MF is …er… downbeat, but are we not allowed anything nice?  😕

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Jeez, Albert!   I understand the general tone of MF is …er… downbeat, but are we not allowed anything nice?  😕

I guess I just get a bit fed up of all this 'hometown glory' bollox, where the Isle of Man tries to claim fame to someone who was born here (or only lived here a few months) who has become famous or has made the headlines long after they have left.

Statues to someone's bloody mother who lived here, who's daughter became famous across a prime example. Same for the Bee Gees.

All a bit pathetic to me.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I guess I just get a bit fed up of all this 'hometown glory' bollox, where the Isle of Man tries to claim fame to someone who was born here (or only lived here a few months) who has become famous or has made the headlines long after they have left.

Statues to someone's bloody mother who lived here, who's daughter became famous across a prime example. Same for the Bee Gees.

All a bit pathetic to me.

Spot on. Any link to this place, however tenuous, will do.

Pathetic is exactly right. We're nothing special...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, quilp said:

Pathetic is exactly right. We're nothing special...

Don’t worry, I’m sure she will be designated as IOMG interior designer in chief, and given lots of government offices to refurbish. 

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

She's Manx if I recall. Certainly grew up and went to school here. Lovely girl too. Well done Roisin

and she had the sense to leave the island .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I guess I just get a bit fed up of all this 'hometown glory' bollox (…) All a bit pathetic to me

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

Pathetic is exactly right. We're nothing special.

Misanthropes - it not like there’s much to celebrate here at the moment.

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Do you honestly think that’s what 2bees was doing, when this thread was started?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Misanthropes - it not like there’s much to celebrate here at the moment.

Well yes but that's not our fault.

We have a government that pisses in our faces and tells us it's raining.

In which case, maybe we should be protesting against the shower like the French; thousands out on the streets, light some flares, smoke bombs, burn a few cars, break a few windows, get tear-gassed and water-cannoned. But no, we accept the shafting, un-lubed government strap-on really without so much as a whimper, except for a few dissenting voices from the wilderness, on here and other insignificant social media.

Here, there's no difference between kneeling-down and bending-over we just do as we're told...

We are still a nation of muttering, cap-doffing forelock-tuggers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well yes but that's not our fault

I never said - or even implied - that it was.

It just amazes me, even after all this time, that we start with 2bees post and we end up with the full force of your post above.

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo