Manx Music Festival 2024

Surely with this type of festival the 'results' are not too important? The performances in each category can be enjoyed for their selves?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

To be fair though, the solutions suggested are inferior workarounds, to a list of results by class. Not sure why Anthony Ingham ia being ao agressive.

Or why you are trying to stoke the fire...

In defence of the OP…

Is it too much to expect that where there is a website that it is updated? His 1970 quip was related to the date selection calendar there which came up as 1970. If I recall correctly, time 0 in computer speak is 1st January 1970, so this seems like a software glitch to me. 

Hopefully it will be sorted soon. But you’re all right - it’s the taking part that is important, not the scores. We all know they’re completely random. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And the winner of this year's inaugural Tenuous Extrapolation Class with a very impressive mark (which we'll be able to see when they update the website) is, err, that guy. The skint one. Hurrah!

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Gizo's standard negative view of anyone enjoying themselves.

The guild was as well run and enjoyable as it always is. Get over it.

What?

10 hours ago, wrighty said:

In defence of the OP…

Is it too much to expect that where there is a website that it is updated? His 1970 quip was related to the date selection calendar there which came up as 1970. If I recall correctly, time 0 in computer speak is 1st January 1970, so this seems like a software glitch to me. 

Hopefully it will be sorted soon. But you’re all right - it’s the taking part that is important, not the scores. We all know they’re completely random. 

Agreed - I don’t think Gizo is slagging off the guild with his reference to the 70s, just pointing out the date on the calendar showing on the 2024 results page.

i get that for the audience the results might not really matter, but those taking part generally like to see how they’ve placed. Only first and second have been announced. If you took part in a class with 30-odd entrants you might like to know how far behind the winners your score is. 

14 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It looks just like they haven't loaded any results yet (understandably given the amount and how recent it was) and that's just a placeholder.

No - definitely a problem with the site. They have always been same day or next day before.

This.

The days when the winners were those who gave the best technical and musical performance are long gone.  It seems to be much more about effort, and entertainment these days rather than being technically correct.

In defence of the OP…

I would suggest that scoring is subjective.

• Like 1

The so-called Guild is a deep anachronism. Quaint and all that but essentially a vehicle for an elitist clique.

Incidentally, it would not have survived without the sponsorship of Dandara, who spotted a powerful investment.

• Haha 1